Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio TSB: Is my dealer blowing smoke up....

Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio TSB: Is my dealer blowing smoke up....

My stereo has cut out 3 times in 4 weeks
I went to the service department at my dealer and after waiting around for about 30 minutes, he told me that my Wrangler had a build date of Nov 1, 2006 but when he ran the ECU on the computer the updates were done and they were more current than the TSB on the radio problems. Is he just blowing smoke or what? My radio is still turning off for a second (although no battery light) then coming back on right away. This has only happened in parking lots starting out in 1st gear or reverse. The engine did not stall and no other lights went off, just the radio. Anyone else have this problem AFTER the TSB flash?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my radio doesn't cut out , my cd doesn't cut out but the factory sirius does ...under trees, bridges, clouds....are you talking "radio" or sirius or stereo in general?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi

Default The radio shuts off

The radio actually shuts off for about a second, the whole display goes blank then comes right back on. My Sirius goes silent all the time, especially the comedy channels.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

If they can't fix it make them replace it. If it still does it make them give you a different radio. Mygig for example. If the dealer won't help you call DC and pitch your bitch there.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the update but still hear popping when I have multiple electronic devices on. For example, when I have the head lights, fog lights, wipers, and turn signal.

Quick Reply: Radio TSB: Is my dealer blowing smoke up....