Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Starter Kit advice...

Old 03-20-2018, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Remote Starter Kit advice...

Being from San Diego I'm not accustomed to the cold any longer (although I grew up in Ohio). I'm now working in Romania where winters are freezing and summers are hot hot hot. So I decided to install a remote starter in order to have the heat or ac running before I get in my ride.

I bought the Complete Add-On Remote Start Kit for 07\18 Wrangler - Plug and Play.

Complete Add-On Remote Start Kit For 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler - Plug and Play - Uses OEM Remotes - Firmware Preloaded
This kit works with your Jeep key fob, but not well. I'm sometimes pressing my door locks 3 times by mistake and starting my jeep when I don't want to.
Using your fob you have to be within approx 10-15 feet of your Jeep, so that's not enough time to cool or heat your Jeep during hot or cold months.

CRIMESTOPPER REVO11 RF KIT AM 1 BUTTON, REMO
I had to buy a second kit (above), an RF kit, and I can now start my Jeep after leaving my office and have snow melting off my windshield or have the AC running in the summer.

Here's the advice part.

Tip 1: If you're interested in a remote starter kit get the all in one kit below and only program the one button remote to the starter.

Complete 1-Button Remote Start for 2007-2018 JEEP WRANGLER - Plug and Play for Easy Install

Tip 2: Either way you decide to go, once you program a key fob or one button remote it's twin is ready to go! So you only have to go through programming once.

Tip 3: On the 2017 JKU it is impossible to remove the shroud around the steering column without removing the air bag and steering wheel because Jeep added a lip to the shroud which tucks into the steering wheel. Have a professional help you!

Now I'm happy as a Lark!

Last edited by Benzina Bear; 03-20-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Kit advice...