Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replacing Infinity Subwoofer w/o replacing amp

Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Infinity Subwoofer w/o replacing amp

I've done searches on this and found lots of useful information, but I'd like to start this post to figure out exactly what is best for me.

I'd like to replace the stock infinity subwoofer with a better one, but I don't want to replace the infinity amp (not yet at least.) I'm looking for more bass out of the rear of the Jeep, because the infinity sub just doesn't bump enough. I'm not looking for anything ridiculous, and I obviously won't get a huge difference without upgrading the amp.

So here is the main question:

What is a decent subwoofer that I could buy to replace the infinity subwoofer? I'd like to find one that fits well and doesn't require too much modification of the stock sub housing. So basically something that isn't terribly hard to install, and something that booms better than the infinity sub.

Any ideas?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 10" sub and box that came with the Ram SRT-10. It is also an infinity system and also dual coil sub. I just have to install it and hopefully sounds better.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the formula I used:
make 2 spacers from 3/4" MDF:

add 1 RF P3 8":

then stir in one subwoofer amp, hidden in place of your choice:

shake windows of cars beside you at redlights!!!

Quick Reply: Replacing Infinity Subwoofer w/o replacing amp