Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Dually or Dually D2?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid Dually or Dually D2?

Im about to order a set of dually or d2? Is there really that much of a difference for the money?
I think I am mounting them on the A-Pillars. Should I do flood or spot?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Just my .02

I would do the D2's in Spot.

The flood may give you some reflection off the hood.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in the same question. I'm debating a set them to install in place of the fogs using the BDF brackets.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I'm interested in the same question. I'm debating a set them to install in place of the fogs using the BDF brackets.

That is what I did (BDF in bumper)... MAN they are bright. I was back and forth with the D2's and Dually's. Went D2's and very happy.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

I got my Dulleys spots on my windshiled (got the ORW deal with the brackets for 189 shipped) and DAMN those are bright!!! i was debating the D2s but no need. i will eventually get the 10" anyways but for now the the duallys are perfect!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I went with the D2's for the A-pillar. Having installed them yet but they will be for off road only. As far as fog light mounting I would go with the Dually's. You still might be able to get away with using them as fogs but that's a tough call. They are all pretty bright!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

i just ordered the D2 with the driving pattern, I will mainly use them when IM on the road in the middle of no where late at night. They will be here tomorrow. So Ill post up some pics once i get them installled
Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gwayms
Im about to order a set of dually or d2? Is there really that much of a difference for the money?
Depends what your trying to see, are you wanting to look down the road/trail or do you want to light up everything around you especially on your side view?

If you can afford them go with the d2's

I've used both and the d2's are awesome, the d1's are better for low down on road fog like installations

My d2 with diffusion is the ultimate backup light

Matthew
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gwayms
Go check out RIGID's website. They have some diagrams that illustrate the different light patterns of the D1 vs D2. If you're looking for a spot, it's gonna be the D1.

The D1 spot (as stated on the RIGID website) is going to provide the longest range over any D2 (I don't think they make a D2 spot, only driving, wide, and diffusion)--(D1 comes in spot, flood, and diffusion). It has to do with the design of the reflector.

The D2 is going to be more expensive as it has 6 led's per light, vs 4 per light in the D1. You'll get more light out of a D2, but in different patterns.

Check out the website. The light pattern diagrams are helpful, and are even charted to show you range definition (meters).
Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Depends what your trying to see, are you wanting to look down the road/trail or do you want to light up everything around you especially on your side view?

If you can afford them go with the d2's

I've used both and the d2's are awesome, the d1's are better for low down on road fog like installations

My d2 with diffusion is the ultimate backup light

Matthew
Matthew-

You still liking that BDF bracket on the tail light? Think I'm gonna go that route... Do you screw it right into the tail light housing??

Greg

Quick Reply: Rigid Dually or Dually D2?