Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

How do I remove cargo area 12v plug?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove cargo area 12v plug?

So I have replaced my rear Infinity panel with a sport model sub delete.

I want to swap the 12v plug over to the new panel and can't figure out how to get the stupid thing out.

I have poked, prodded and pryed but can't seem to get the plug out. Anyone remove theirs and have a trick?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure but have you twisted??
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I forgot to mention I twisted. There are some tabs that look like the need to be released but you need to access them through the inside of the plug which is near impossible unless there is a special tool. Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crankinaway
Sorry I forgot to mention I twisted. There are some tabs that look like the need to be released but you need to access them through the inside of the plug which is near impossible unless there is a special tool. Maybe a visit to the dealer is in order?
There are probably spring tabs on the outside of the socket, just behind the facia. If you can get to the back side, you should be able to depress the spring tabs and push it through the facia.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are right, but the inside sleeve needs to come out first to depress the tabs. The sleeve is the problem being it is so small to access.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crankinaway
You are right, but the inside sleeve needs to come out first to depress the tabs. The sleeve is the problem being it is so small to access.
I've never seen a snap-in device lock in that way. Have you tried depressing the springs with pliers?

Quick Reply: How do I remove cargo area 12v plug?