Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sasquatch and Zombie Lighting

Old 06-23-2017, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sasquatch and Zombie Lighting

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to what's out there in lighting. Every time I look up either of these things, all I get are the rocker switches. Which makes me think, are there actually types of lighting that would be zombie vs Sasquatch or is it just a cool way to add a button for off reading lights to your jeep? Also, would the stock panel on the bottom where the hazard lights button work to switch out on the empty panels for one of these rocker switches?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... are there actually types of lighting that would be zombie vs Sasquatch or is it just a cool way to add a button for off reading lights to your jeep? Just an optional button. The coolness is subjective.

Also, would the stock panel on the bottom where the hazard lights button work to switch out on the empty panels for one of these rocker switches? No. I've seen folks add buttons by drilling through the blanks, but the blanks can't be removed and a different switch added. Something to do with the circuit board behind there. There are a few threads where folks have discussed that panel. It would be great if some of those buttons could be ready from the factory for owner added items.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by btoungette
... are there actually types of lighting that would be zombie vs Sasquatch or is it just a cool way to add a button for off reading lights to your jeep? Just an optional button. The coolness is subjective. Also, would the stock panel on the bottom where the hazard lights button work to switch out on the empty panels for one of these rocker switches? No. I've seen folks add buttons by drilling through the blanks, but the blanks can't be removed and a different switch added. Something to do with the circuit board behind there. There are a few threads where folks have discussed that panel. It would be great if some of those buttons could be ready from the factory for owner added items.
I figured when I searched for it and only got buttons that an actual light did not exist haha
So if those switches don't work, I assume I could just add a rocker switch panel somewhere, right?
Old 07-01-2017, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackie27
I figured when I searched for it and only got buttons that an actual light did not exist haha So if those switches don't work, I assume I could just add a rocker switch panel somewhere, right?
Just get an sPOD and install yourself. Www.4x4spod.com. It is completely plug n play and looks great.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mbogan
Just get an sPOD and install yourself. Www.4x4spod.com. It is completely plug n play and looks great.
It seems pretty expensive, wouldn't getting a rocker panel for $50 be ok?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

It seems pretty expensive, wouldn't getting a rocker panel for $50 be ok?
Back in the day, sPOD pretty much had a lock on this market. Nowadays, there are all kinds of knock offs that you can find out there. A lot of options on Amazon for a lot less money. The whole idea is just to package a bunch of relays nicely and make installing electrical items super easy. I have an sPOD that I purchased several years back. It was hard to pay that much for it, but I like it. IMO, a knock off product ~$150 would be about the right price, give or take, to be worth it. You can most definitely just get a rocker panel and wire things with individual relays that you stick in the engine bay as well.

If you just have one or two things to hook up, no big deal. When you start getting 3, 4, 5, 6, or more relays floating in that engine bay, it gets a bit more cumbersome.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Back in the day, sPOD pretty much had a lock on this market. Nowadays, there are all kinds of knock offs that you can find out there. A lot of options on Amazon for a lot less money. The whole idea is just to package a bunch of relays nicely and make installing electrical items super easy. I have an sPOD that I purchased several years back. It was hard to pay that much for it, but I like it. IMO, a knock off product ~$150 would be about the right price, give or take, to be worth it. You can most definitely just get a rocker panel and wire things with individual relays that you stick in the engine bay as well. If you just have one or two things to hook up, no big deal. When you start getting 3, 4, 5, 6, or more relays floating in that engine bay, it gets a bit more cumbersome.
What types of things do you typically hook up? Currently I'm considering two sets of lights and maybe a horn, not sure what else I can get hooked up.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

What types of things do you typically hook up? Currently I'm considering two sets of lights and maybe a horn, not sure what else I can get hooked up.
Rock lights for underside when wheelin' at night, bumper and a-piller lights, pod lights mounted to my rollbar facing rearward, front locker, rear locker, and lights for under my hood and rear storage compartment. I have an ARB compressor that I have mounted on it's own switch in the passenger door sill. I've had a 50" hooked up a couple times in the past, but no longer. The nice thing about them is after the initial install, it's just a quick 2-wire connection and boom, you have an item on a dedicated switch. Most people probably don't need 6 switches, but when you have them, you tend to find things to hook up to em. Many things don't need to cost a lot of money....$16 for some LED strip lighting on Amazon or eBay and a little wiring can go a long ways towards some useful things. Ever try to work on your engine at night time?

Quick Reply: Sasquatch and Zombie Lighting