Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sentry Light came on a couple of times

Old 09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sentry Light came on a couple of times

The Sentry Light (small red circle above the temp guage) came on the other day just for a second. I didn't know what it was and didn't really think much about it. Today when I pulled into my driveway it came on again, sort of blinked a couple of times then went off again. I read in the owners manual that this light is for the special chip that is in the JK keys to prevent a non programed key from operating the jeep. the manual says that if the light comes on and stays on 10 seconds or more after the jeep has been started, there is an electrical problem and that it needs to be serviced immediatly. The light doesn't stay on the whole time I'm driving, but it has flashed a couple of times now.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this and is it a potential problem?

Thanks all!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

anybody know anything about this?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Mine blinks when I lock and unlock the jeep and it comes with all the other lights during ignition.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 08 sentry light came on a few times this morning along with the TPMS light. Sometimes they would come on together, and sometimes separately. During a 7 minute trip, I'd say they both came on 4 or 5 times. That damn little "ding" when either would come on is freaking annoying.
Wondering if I need to take it to the (shudder) dealer.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Bjl
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NCJeepster
My 08 sentry light came on a few times this morning along with the TPMS light. Sometimes they would come on together, and sometimes separately. During a 7 minute trip, I'd say they both came on 4 or 5 times. That damn little "ding" when either would come on is freaking annoying.
Wondering if I need to take it to the (shudder) dealer.
Same here too

Quick Reply: Sentry Light came on a couple of times