Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius 1 year: Have you transferred the included year to another radio?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius 1 year: Have you transferred the included year to another radio?

So I am wondering about trasnferring Sirius and if anything has changed. In the past I have had both good and bad luck doing the exact same thing. When I had my first Challenger I had a stock radio upgraded to the Mygig RER system with a used one I got off ebay and I almost had to burn the switchboards up at Sirius headquarters and left voicemails for everyone from the engineers to the janitor and eventually got my way. (I got into the internal switchboard and started making up extentions) They claimed that they could not transfer the "Free Trial" from my oriigial car radio and I would need to put the old headunit back in. Someone how in the end it got done.

The second Challenger I got which was a 2011 but basically the same deal, bought used headunit RER and installed it called them up was put on hold one time and click it was done (I think i might have led her to believe I was a technician though unknowingly) But anyway so it can be done and done quite quick and easy.

My question is my window sticker says I paid $195 for sirius satellite radio. The Base Radio is included in the price of the car. So what exactly is free about this first year that again is invoiced and sold to me Why cant I change from radio to radio I paid for it??

Now I just finished my RHB upgrade from the RES I am three weeks into my year. BUT, the used RHB I put in this time the sirius is working. IEventhough it came out of a 2010 I was able to update it and get the Sirius travel to work too.

Should I just wait for this one to stop working which could be like 7 days or something to even start to switch it or go ahead and call em and try??
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

I called on the day I bought my 2012 to transfer my existing subscription from my 2009 to the 2012 and have it continue when the free trial was over....radio to radio shouldn't have anything to do with it, it is all under your personal subscription. Took 10 minutes with customer service
Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And be sure to ask for 50% of the rate. I've had luck getting it on my subscriptions and so have other friends.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

again if I paid $195 how exactly is this a free trial?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ccuchris
again if I paid $195 how exactly is this a free trial?
They hadn't counted on you actually reading the sticker :-)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK so let the battle begin.

Called Sirius today transferred to INdia Oh sorry sir we can not transfer free trials FREE TRIAL FREE TRIAL FREE TRIAL

called back to dealer services number pretended to be a tech. Oh sir there is a problem the new radio is on a free triall too and the system will not let us cancel it. This happens all the time these radios are always doing this(amazing how techs talk to other techs candidly when they think they are talking to another tech.) and we need to make a ticket. We will follow up with the customer directly. Tell your cusotmer we will get this done and contact them.

The good news is. If you have the dealer services phone number you get an American in America.. What an interesting concept.

I m gonna be at my dealers monday morning at 9 am. ANd I am going to tell them what I did and I am also going to tell them I want the $195 back for my free trial.

Last edited by ccuchris; 08-04-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

I was able to argue my way into it. They mentioned a free trial too. I said oh good cuz I paid 195 so it wasn't free.

Quick Reply: Sirius 1 year: Have you transferred the included year to another radio?