Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speakers ?

Old 04-13-2019, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just cut the wires on the 16 pin plug on the factory amp that go to the speakers under the dash and soundbar and wire in that mini amp. That's what I did and I have no issues. You are essentially just bypassing the factory amp to the speakers. Leave the factory amp where it is and install the mini amp elsewhere. Mine is under the steering wheel zip tied to the bracket thats held on by 2 10 mm bolts

Last edited by Jkwrangler89; 04-13-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkwrangler89
Just cut the wires on the 16 pin plug on the factory amp that go to the speakers under the dash and soundbar and wire in that mini amp. That's what I did and I have no issues. You are essentially just bypassing the factory amp to the speakers. Leave the factory amp where it is and install the mini amp elsewhere. Mine is under the steering wheel zip tied to the bracket thats held on by 2 10 mm bolts
Where did you get your signal from for your amp? Did you replace the factory head unit?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Cigarette lighter plug for remote turn on and yes I did. I left the factory amp installed to retain the stock sub
Old 04-14-2019, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Cigarette lighter plug for remote turn on and yes I did. I left the factory amp installed to retain the stock sub
Ok, that's what I've been saying. With an aftermarket headunit all is well, trying to do this all with a factory headunit has to be done a very specific way.

I'm not worried about a "turn on" signal, that can be grabbed from anywhere with the proper ignition position, that's not what I was asking. I mean the sound, the signal for the amp...that is coming from your aftermarket headunit using the pre-outs at the back (rca connection) as the stock unit doesn't produce anything usable with the Infinity system due to the data signal that get's tossed to the amp.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Ah okay, you will need a line out converter if your using the stock radio To get pre amp outputs. Here you go...

https://itstillruns.com/connect-stereo-line-out-converter-5076523.html

Last edited by Jkwrangler89; 04-14-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 AM
JK Newbie

Ah okay, you will need a line out converter if your using the stock radio To get pre amp outputs. Here you go...

https://itstillruns.com/connect-ster...r-5076523.html
Yeah, that's been covered :-) thanks though.

NorseLife - if you're up for some more reading here is a great thread on the process to properly upgrade the factory system. I have no desire to dive in that far because my radio is just the infinity setup with no other additions (bluetooth/nav/mygig), but it's a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...em-h-u-226953/
Old 04-15-2019, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

I can verify after finishing my install today the speakers run at ~2ohms and the sub runs each voice coil at ~2ohms (meaning it's either a 4ohm or 1ohm load depending on how you wire it)

All in all replacing the infinity amp with my Alpine MRPF-450 and the HU with the Pioneer I chose made a HUGE difference even with using the factory speakers/sub. It sounds much better and at this point I can replace components as I have cash available vs all at once.

Quick Reply: Speakers ?