Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Which is recommended for best sound on a 2011? JK?
77KICK10
100.00%
JK-KWR (Kit)
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Speakers: What's the difference between 77KICK10 & JK-KWR?

Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speakers: What's the difference between 77KICK10 & JK-KWR?

I was looking on quadratec today and I'm a little confused about the Kicker speaker options. What is the difference between the traditional kicker replacements that have been around and this "kit"

Kicker Factory Replacement Overhead Sound Bar Speaker Kit
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_202.html

MOPAR® Rear Door Kicker Audio Speaker Upgrade
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_9001.html

Does anyone know the difference besides the obvious price, weather resistant and the speaker covers?

Which ones are recommended for best sound for a 2011?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will try to figure this out for you....I work for KICKER so I should be able to find someone around here that can line it out. I am just the web guy...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toddjb
I will try to figure this out for you....I work for KICKER so I should be able to find someone around here that can line it out. I am just the web guy...
Nice. Luv to see the support!!!!! Just bought a Kicker rear fire 10" comp sub. for the unlimited. My first. And It is perfect for the sound I wanted. Sounds good and thumps when I want it too.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toddjb
Awesome! Thank You, I appreciate you going above and beyond anything you "need" to do!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to Get the kicker 77kick10s. They are plug in play. Should run $55-65 per set. I got mine at just for jeeps.com. They are 6.5 inch and fit the front and sound bar (same size) great up grade especially with an after market HU.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH-JK
You want to Get the kicker 77kick10s. They are plug in play. Should run $55-65 per set. I got mine at just for jeeps.com. They are 6.5 inch and fit the front and sound bar (same size) great up grade especially with an after market HU.
That was my original intentions, I was just curious what the difference is in the actual "speaker" and if the other ones have a notable difference in sound.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get any kits, they will be over priced. Just by two of the exact same 6.5 sets. If they cost more than $60.00ish a pair your Paying to much. I got free shipping on both.... Hope that helps.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been in and out of the office with a bad back. blah blah blah....

Anyway, here is what I found out:

The first one is our actual OEM, Mopar-authorized speaker kit. The speakers are specifically OEM and NOT a Kicker aftermarket speaker. You won’t find them at any regular Kicker aftermarket dealer.

The second item is something that Quadratec or maybe someone else manufactures using Kicker DS series speakers. They buy our DS speakers (probably through a distributor) and then mount Chrysler-compliant connectors on them so you don’t have to strip wires and solder stuff together, etc. They’re trying to accomplish the same thing as our 77KICK10 Mopar kit, but the Mopar version is manufactured that way from the beginning, at the factory.

I’m not trying to suggest there’s anything wrong with the Quadratec product. After all, they start by using Kicker DS speakers, which sound pretty darn good. But I CAN say, having personally heard our 77KICK10 speaker kit in a Jeep Wrangler for hours on end @ the SEMA show a few years ago, those speakers sound damn good too.

The other thing to consider is the Mopar version (77KICK10) comes standard with a 1-year warranty, while the Quadratec version only offers a 3-month warranty…

Hope that isn't too late to help you out in some way.

-Todd
Old 01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice work todd. Always good buying locally made products with great quality and awesome support.

Quick Reply: Speakers: What's the difference between 77KICK10 & JK-KWR?