Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sticky Gauge Cluster Needles/ Can't recalibrate them either...

Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sticky Gauge Cluster Needles/ Can't recalibrate them either...

I have been searching everywhere for a solution to my problem.

I have a 2007 jeep wrangler and I pulled the gauge cluster out so I could install temporary colored stage gel to change the color lights. In doing so I removed the cluster needles. Upon installation I realized I don't know where to set the needles!

I soon made sense of this by warming the vehicle and installing the temp needle at the halfway. The fuel gauge I installed at full after filling up. Both while vehicle was running. The RPM and Speedo where set at "zero" while Jeep was off.

The problems I am experiencing are:
- Needles do not rise and fall smoothly. It is as if they are sticking.
-The needles all twitch or fluctuate when some sort of power is applied to the vehicle (ie lock/unlock with remote, or key in and turned to "on") and I don't remember this being "normal"
-Now, even after I "calibrated my Needles, I reinstalled the jeep doors and they offset from where they were... ie Fuel gauge basically dropped down by 100%.

I have reset them multiple times, I know that pressing too hard may cause sticking. But even at pressed only halfway in (not close to flush) they still stick.

I am at a loss and need some help before I go to the Stealership.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here are videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_thJy1jwhVQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr_jkGZW3PI
Old 08-24-2015, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Anybody able to help!!?!...

Quick Reply: Sticky Gauge Cluster Needles/ Can't recalibrate them either...