JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Stop/turn lights went bad (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/stop-turn-lights-went-bad-310683/)

Slow_but_Sure 09-17-2014 08:32 PM

Stop/turn lights went bad

So within one day both my tail lights lost stop/turn lights. Today i picked up new bulbs and changed them and no luck. I don't know what else could be the issue. Any ideas what to look for? Its a 17 month old jeep. Should i take it to the dealership? They should warrant this problem, right?

Jiblet 09-18-2014 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Slow_but_Sure (Post 3983024)
So within one day both my tail lights lost stop/turn lights. Today i picked up new bulbs and changed them and no luck. I don't know what else could be the issue. Any ideas what to look for? Its a 17 month old jeep. Should i take it to the dealership? They should warrant this problem, right?

Did you check the fuses?

There should be a diagram in your manual.

If it's more than bulbs/fuses then it should be covered under warranty.

Rob50lx 09-18-2014 04:42 AM

Sounds like something is grounding out. Do you have a trailer plug? See if it is melted to the muffler.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

Slow_but_Sure 09-18-2014 07:05 AM

I looked at the manual and found the location of fuses. I"ll be checking the fuses today.

No, i don't have a trailer plug.

TASCAPARTS 09-18-2014 08:24 AM

If you cant find blown fuse and its only 17mos old.. I would be bringing in it.... why waste your time and money thatshould be cover under warranty..

Chris

Slow_but_Sure 09-18-2014 06:40 PM

Today i located fuse M1 and it looked fine to me. So i guess im taking this to the dealer. Its 2013 JKU

ronjenx 09-18-2014 07:39 PM

The regular stop/rear turn lights have no fuses. (M1 is for the center high mounted stop light only.)

Either the TIPM isn't sending power to the stop/turn filaments, or there is a bad ground.

It will be covered under your warranty.

If you want to look at it before taking the Jeep to the dealer, with a meter or test lamp, look for power at one of the stop/turn pins in the bulb socket. That will tell you if it's a TIPM or ground problem.

Jiblet 09-19-2014 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by ronjenx (Post 3983437)
The regular stop/rear turn lights have no fuses. (M1 is for the center high mounted stop light only.) Either the TIPM isn't sending power to the stop/turn filaments, or there is a bad ground. It will be covered under your warranty. If you want to look at it before taking the Jeep to the dealer, with a meter or test lamp, look for power at one of the stop/turn pins in the bulb socket. That will tell you if it's a TIPM or ground problem.

Interesting. I assumed m1, 17, 18 would've included the stop/turn lights. Good to know. Thx

Slow_but_Sure 09-19-2014 07:23 PM

I guess i will take it to the dealership at this point. I will update with more info on how it goes.

Thanks

No$4upgrades 09-23-2014 04:47 PM

I'm have the same problem. Any luck? Mine is 2008