Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stopping the honk didn't work for me

Old 06-08-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stopping the honk didn't work for me

I tried this from the FAQ:

Stop the "HONK" when you lock the doors using the fob.
Press and hold the Lock button on the fob for at least 5 seconds, while still holding the lock button press the Panic button and release both. Test operation.

I tried it in every way I could think of that still sounds like the described method.

anyone have any tips or advice? it's on a 2008 sahara if that matters
Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine (2008 Sahara) didn't work through several tries. Finally, I must have held the panic button a bit too long and it sounded. After that no honk on lock.

I have not messed with it again, but you might try holding the panic for a second after releasing the lock button.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

I tried numerous times to disable the honk on lock and unlock w/no luck also, but I also opted to get the alarm on the jeep so I think maybe that has something to do with it. I'm going to head down to the dealer and see about it tonight.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine didn't work either, then the other day I was reseting the odometer and turn the jeep on an off several times. I have no idea what I did, but it stoped hunking
Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

If you opted for the add-on security system it is turned off a different way. I called the # for the manufacturer (karr security systems in my case) and a minute later I only have to deal with one honk just when it locks. The guys at the dealer didn't know and said there alarm guy wouldn't be there till thursday....
Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

I ran into this too trying to disbale mine. Finnally just had to start from scratch. Get in-- CLOSE THE DOOR.....turn on, then off your ignition to the last click before ignition. Do it about three times: THEN do the sequence...and do a full One missisisiippi, two Missisippi, etc........ that was the only way I could get it to go.

And that was a breeze as compared to turning off the dang seat belt chime!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Stopping the honk didn't work for me