Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Strange Turn Signal Brake Light issue...

Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Turn Signal Brake Light issue...

I've got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with a very odd lighting problem. I bought the Jeep a month ago and it has LED tail lights. I noticed with the headlights off my front turn signals turn on when I press the brake pedal. I've also noticed when I turn on the turn signals BOTH front signals blink. If I turn on the headlights everything works fine. I also noticed if I disconnect both LED tail lights the front turn signals are fine. I'm assuming there is something about the LED tail lights that the Jeep dosen't like.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2018, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jstutz101
I've got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with a very odd lighting problem. I bought the Jeep a month ago and it has LED tail lights. I noticed with the headlights off my front turn signals turn on when I press the brake pedal. I've also noticed when I turn on the turn signals BOTH front signals blink. If I turn on the headlights everything works fine. I also noticed if I disconnect both LED tail lights the front turn signals are fine. I'm assuming there is something about the LED tail lights that the Jeep dosen't like.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Thanks!!
Swapped the tail lights to OEM and now all is well.

Quick Reply: Strange Turn Signal Brake Light issue...