Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

sylvania headlight bulbs wont lock in socket

Old 02-01-2018, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sylvania headlight bulbs wont lock in socket

2012 wrangler,,, tried 2 different h-13 #9008 sylvania bulb sets and the bulbs wont lock in the headlight socket.can't get the red locking tab forward.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:02 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/lookup/...ghts/headlight

Make sure that the bulb pins are straight as well as the pin sockets have not been bent. Check for any other obstruction within the housing. if the bulbs still do not fit, contact sylvania direct and inform them thee maybe a bad run or incorrect molded socket.

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1787550-2SHd24RWRD

Last edited by TrailBadger; 02-02-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

every thing looks good. even the bulb bases are exactly the same. the old phillips bulbs slide right back in the sockets and I am able to slide the locking tab forward with my finger. ?? I have called sylvania and they are sending me a factory fresh set of bulbs. I am at a loss???
Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's what I've been running into while searching for products for the jeep. Apparently these companies are not actually testing these products before placing them on the market. Which leaves us to be their beta testers. What ends up happening I email or call them with this issue and they "claim" everything should fit according to their paperwork. Which means they actually haven't physically checked and test this product.
Other than you've taken the correct steps to have this checked I can't vouch for the authentication of the product. I would however, actually send images of these bulbs as they may have been incorrectly packaged. I feel either the red safety tab has not been adjust or positioned correct or the bulb housing tab needs to be depressed as to allow the bulb to slide into the socket.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

finally figured it out. the locking tab is a tad bit higher in the new bulbs. I had to pry the red lock sliderwith a screwdriver to lock the bulbs in the socket.

Quick Reply: sylvania headlight bulbs wont lock in socket