Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tailgating/Beach TV

Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laxnjay
I don't know about mounting it but have been drooling over directv's "sat-go" its a TV with a built in satellite dish the size of a suite case that can be powered up from you cigarette lighter
If I hadn't seen this post I probably would never have looked. It looks like DISH has something very similar. Thanks...
Crap...now I gotta get ANOTHER toy for the Jeep
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by laxnjay
In the past for serious tailgating at the late game I connected a TV directly to the battery threw it on a table and connected the antenna like normal. Nothing pretty but it got the job done.
Yeah....that is how most do it but I am looking for something more streamlined. I was also looking at the different 12volt TV's with built in ATSC tuners. They even make a waterproof marine grade and some with built in DVD.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

I have noticed since the change to digital TV signals, it's harder to get good reception.
You might want to check that out, at the location you have in mind, before you spend any money on the project.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I have noticed since the change to digital TV signals, it's harder to get good reception.
You might want to check that out, at the location you have in mind, before you spend any money on the project.
That is one of my concerns....... I am trying to research that.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SandyBeach

Yeah....that is how most do it but I am looking for something more streamlined. I was also looking at the different 12volt TV's with built in ATSC tuners. They even make a waterproof marine grade and some with built in DVD.
I was going to mention the outdoor, waterproof tv, but you have that covered. Have you considered a small projector for the beach, and doing the headrests separate? I have a projector for work that is about the size of my iPhone, and projects an image up to 70" I think. Then you could use a laptop to stream the game or tv shows or whatever. All you would need is a screen. Mine is an Optoma Pico pocket projector. I just tried it with teh lights on and it might be a little tough to see in bright sunlight, but I've neve tried it.

Last edited by Orangeav; 03-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Tailgating/Beach TV