Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Is there a way to disable the alarm?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Is there a way to disable the alarm?

My wife lost one of our keys a while back to our 07 JK, now the key we have left the remote door unlock stopped working, we replaced the battery but that wasn't it, now when we manually lock it and go to unlock it the alarm goes off, what a PITA!

Between not having a second key to program a new one, and the cost, I'm stuck for now with one non working key.

Is there a way to disable the alarm, I don't see anything in the fuse section on it, and I've googled it with no luck.

The alarm going off every time I open it is getting old real fast, Ideas??

THx
Old 08-28-2016, 04:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a print of the EVS1 system out of my alarm manual. There appears to be a way of dis-arming the alarm, although I have never attempted to do this. Hope it works for you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan EVS1.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	577.2 KB
ID:	655499
sorry it is so small, however it's the best I can do. Perhaps you can copy and enlarge.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome Lorrel

That worked, I put it in Valet mode

Thanks

Quick Reply: Is there a way to disable the alarm?