JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Truck Lite = JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/truck-lite-%3D-junk-267075/)

VETTETHRET 03-08-2013 08:23 AM

Truck Lite = JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if its just me but I had these installed last yesterday and am not impressed with what I saw last night. I see two huge V's in my light pattern and I really am not impressed by the light output either! Could it be that they are not aimed correctly?

I am thinking about switiching to the more expensive Jw's. It seems like I paid $450 for an inferior product, but I have seen people who are happy with them which is why Im confused. Im hoping its because they are not aimed correctly but I dont know if its possible to see that much of a difference, they do flicker as well.

Has anybody gone from Truck Lites to JW speakers and been happy doing it?

E-Man 03-08-2013 11:04 AM

There's numerous threads on this forum and others with regards to the "V" output that youre seeing, as well as how to properly aim them.

I've had mine for 5+ months now and LOVE them. They do have the slightly visable "V" pattern to them, but consider the light output they produce, that wasn't a deal breaker for me. Try to make sure they're aimed correctly before deciding to get rid of them. Give the lights a chance.

Also noticed that you don't live to far away from me. Let me know if you need help going over how to adjust them.

Silver Bullet 03-08-2013 11:50 AM

Everyone's needs and expectations are different, but for me they work very well. Yes there is the "V" pattern, but no different than the "non perfect" pattern thrown out by my 2011 Ford F150 or my Mercedes ML350.
These lights provide bright light with a wide pattern on low beam for driving in traffic, and a high beam that projects way beyond the crappy stock lights. For me there were two choices....TL or JW. Perhaps had I gone the JW route, I would be happier, but for the cash savings these are just right for me.
BTW, I too have a slight flicker but not that noticeable where I need to spend more cash to get rid of it. To me the flicker is a non-issue.......besides, it's just a jeep.
Just my $.02, but like I said everyone's expectations are different, so do what best suits you.

Good luck

07saharadogg 03-08-2013 12:22 PM

seems like a whole lot of money for something you "need to get used to then its not so bad"
I spent $50 on HIDs and ballasts and am completely happy with it over stock. may not look as cool as the headlamp housing. Less expensive

shabbernigdo 03-08-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 07saharadogg (Post 3464989)
seems like a whole lot of money for something you "need to get used to then its not so bad"
I spent $50 on HIDs and ballasts and am completely happy with it over stock. may not look as cool as the headlamp housing. Less expensive

Not really. Concidering the cost of most mods 400 isint bad at all and from what ive seen there are lot of people who like them. The ones who QQ about them mostly seem to be nitpicking / blowing little issues out of proportion. If a little v shaped hot spot is that irritating just send em back but for most people it dosent seem to be in issue. Also to add. just about any one who looks up led lights will find a ton of information regarding the flickering. If they purchase led headlights without buying a harness and bitch about them flickering they are a retard.

VETTETHRET 03-08-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by E-Man (Post 3464903)
There's numerous threads on this forum and others with regards to the "V" output that youre seeing, as well as how to properly aim them.

I've had mine for 5+ months now and LOVE them. They do have the slightly visable "V" pattern to them, but consider the light output they produce, that wasn't a deal breaker for me. Try to make sure they're aimed correctly before deciding to get rid of them. Give the lights a chance.

Also noticed that you don't live to far away from me. Let me know if you need help going over how to adjust them.

I would love some help. I just got done driving with them again and the light output is terrible. The aim has to be it. I would much rather get these working that apend another $350 for the JWs':thumbsup:

SRJeep 03-08-2013 06:24 PM

They are a huge difference and improvement over the stock lights. I agree, something must be wrong.

SpicedCrusher 03-08-2013 07:05 PM

For a guy that's had a 2010, 2011, 2012 and a 2013 Rubicon along with 14 "highly" modded vette's and vipers ya'd think you'd know how to adjust a couple headlights :rotflmao2:

P.S. Truck-Lites are not junk

shockwaveaz 03-08-2013 07:11 PM

With 20 Jeeps and 47 Vetts and $450 on headlights. .. feel your pain bro. How you must feel

http://www.imgur.com/EA3F5Qm.gif

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

VETTETHRET 03-08-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz (Post 3465507)
With 20 Jeeps and 47 Vetts and $450 on headlights. .. feel your pain bro. How you must feel

http://www.imgur.com/EA3F5Qm.gif

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

:rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2: That was some funny shit!