JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Trucklite issue (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/trucklite-issue-326756/)

l0d 10-01-2015 07:16 PM

Trucklite issue

Hi guys,
I have installed trucklite with anti flicker adapter for around two years,
Recently , I found the right light turned off totally when I pass some road crack, and it lighten again when I pass another crack.
The light could work, I'm wondering if the adapter is broken?

Jeek.OlllllllO 10-01-2015 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by l0d (Post 4148099)
Hi guys, I have installed trucklite with anti flicker adapter for around two years, Recently , I found the right light turned off totally when I pass some road crack, and it lighten again when I pass another crack. The light could work, I'm wondering if the adapter is broken?

sounds like a connection issue have you looked at the connectors see if any of them made it was to become loose

ddhowel 10-02-2015 01:35 AM

I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked.

So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side.

I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!

l0d 10-02-2015 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO (Post 4148118)
sounds like a connection issue have you looked at the connectors see if any of them made it was to become loose

yea, looks like connection issue, I checked the wire and it was connected tightly, I was thinking maybe it's something wrong inside the adapter box.

l0d 10-02-2015 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by ddhowel (Post 4148149)
I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked. So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side. I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!

mine flickers a bit when I start the engine, I'm going to change the anti flicker adapter to a normal h4 to h13 wire see how it goes.

nickjk33 10-03-2015 05:31 AM

Happened to me a month after having them. Trucklite told me to zip tie the harness's together tight and put dielectric grease. I did and it was good for about a year and a half. Went off once last week but I poked the anti flicker harness and it came back on

sitting duk 10-03-2015 07:14 AM

Same here. I was having the dim and flicker on my passenger side light only, this past week. Called truck lite and they told me to zip tie all the connectors and also the antiflicker to something as its heavy. It's Been couple days, and So far so good. Hope that fixed it for good.

GJeep 10-03-2015 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by ddhowel (Post 4148149)
I've been battling a similar issue as well with my passenger side headlight. It will start to dim and flicker at random time while driving, or parked.

So far I've swapped the anti-flicker harnesses from left to right, gone over the connections numerous time, added dielectric grease to all the connections, and even replaced headlight with a new one from Truckle, and I'm still getting random dimming and flicker on the passenger side.

I guess I'll start looking at the OEM wiring next before I trash these things and try OEM or the JW Speakers. It sucks b/c I really like these light!

LED lights typically either work or they don't. It's highly probable that what you describe comes form an intermittent electrical connection. I'd check the whole harness first, including the wires themselves. Otherwise, the problem may repeat itself with the new headlights.

l0d 10-03-2015 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sitting duk (Post 4148514)
Same here. I was having the dim and flicker on my passenger side light only, this past week. Called truck lite and they told me to zip tie all the connectors and also the antiflicker to something as its heavy. It's Been couple days, and So far so good. Hope that fixed it for good.

yeah,they replied me samething, I'll do this first.

l0d 10-03-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by nickjk33 (Post 4148498)
Happened to me a month after having them. Trucklite told me to zip tie the harness's together tight and put dielectric grease. I did and it was good for about a year and a half. Went off once last week but I poked the anti flicker harness and it came back on

yea, I just sent them an email and they told me the same, I'll check that.