JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   TSB 18-036-06 is AWESOME!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/tsb-18-036-06-awesome-1224/)

HappyCurmudgeon 02-06-2007 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by SJP-07JKx (Post 26543)
Well I didn't find a TSB sticker. Thought someone had posted where it should be in the engine bay?

Mine is near the front of the hood by the latch, towards the drivers side. I was lucky enough to get the underhood mat, so that was about the only place they could put it.

I havent had any difficulties since the flash, i am still checking my milage, but to date i really dont think it has changed much. It hasent miss-shifted or cut off since the flash, but i am still not happy with the shift point right around 2k rpm's.

ThinkMud 02-07-2007 09:29 PM

Anyone know of another site besides the Alldata site that has the TSB's listed? it seems that alldata is now charging for access to it's list, so we must find another place...:thinking:

HappyCurmudgeon 02-08-2007 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkMud (Post 28706)
Anyone know of another site besides the Alldata site that has the TSB's listed? it seems that alldata is now charging for access to it's list, so we must find another place...:thinking:

Uhm...

Here?

right over there--->

:toung:

seriously though, other than here, compliments of the management, i know of no other place.

fraynes1 02-13-2007 01:14 PM

HISTORY

I bought my JkU at the end of November, build date of Aug/06, 6 speed, 3.21. I had just left the lot and put up the front windows, radio cut out. Bought 1500 km's from home(so not local stealership)

Immediately took it back and they checked said there were codes for a fix, didn't refer to a TSB. Radio didn't cut out appeared to be working.

Brought it home every once in a while radio would cut out. Stalled once on my last week. Radio actually started to cut out about once a day. I phoned original dealer where I bought it and the service guy said it did not say specifically that a TSB was done just that there were error codes and they were addressed.

Made appt. with local stealership, went today with PCM TSB and radio TSB. They flashed computer.

IMPRESSIONS

Just picked up 1 hour ago, shifting seems a lot smoother now, go 200-300 more rpm's without that I need to shift feeling.

Little more seat of the pants power in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, nothing great but noticeable:D .

I know avg. mpg. is not very accurate all the time, but before TSB if I shifted more assertively but not aggressively (about where it feels normal to shift now) it would make the l/100km's drop almost instantly and after driving for a short distance it would go back down. Now it stays at what it was from the stopped position and then goes down. So appears gas mileage may have increased at least a little. (all city driving BTW)

QUESTION

When I originally bought it from the distant dealer and they did something to the computer is it possible they only did partial TSB and not all of it? Because my hometown dealer says it's not in the system as having been done before.

Enteric 02-15-2007 01:05 PM

My mfg date says Nov. 06, and the cut-off for this is supposed to Nov. 10, 2006 I think. My service department told me that mine was not supposed to be effected but I was having the radio/dash lights issues, so they flashed it anyways. Had it done 2 weeks ago and it realy seems to have a better response when starting from a stop. Getting better mileage also. Seems to run soooooo much smoother. I'm pretty happy with the flash.