Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Questioning fit of IPF H4 Headlight Conversion Kit - 920HJKK

Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questioning fit of IPF H4 Headlight Conversion Kit - 920HJKK

Just upgraded my headlights with the ARB IPF H4 kit. I'm impressed with the light but questioning if I installed them correctly into the plastic light bracket in the jeep. I have a 2013 and was told these fit. However, the IPF headlight assembly has these metal tabs which prevent the headlight from fitting into the bracket like the stock headlight does. It just more or less sits on top of the plastic bracket and is held in place by the metal fastening ring. It seems secure but I did need to adjust the right light down several inches to match the light thrown by the left lamp. So, this has me wondering if I installed them correctly. Did anyone running these lights experience the same issue with the fit or do I need to force them into the bracket somehow? If I end up keeping them, I'll need to think of something for the fog lights because they look really yellow now against the bright white of the IPFs.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I have them on my 07. No issues when installing. I'm not sure if anything was changed on the '12's and newer
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are keyed to fit. The metal tabs need to be lined up and inside the holder. They shouldn't move, but it's a little tricky installing the ring and screws and keeping the light locked in place. Once done properly they fit just like stock, mine have no movement, but it took a little work. I think next time I'm in there messing with the lights I'm going to shoot some plasti dip on the ring holder for looks and to act as a gasket. The longer wiring is nice, but it does make it difficult to get the light pressed up in there. Work with it, I love these lights for the money!!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FLRubi
Just upgraded my headlights with the ARB IPF H4 kit. I'm impressed with the light but questioning if I installed them correctly into the plastic light bracket in the jeep. I have a 2013 and was told these fit. However, the IPF headlight assembly has these metal tabs which prevent the headlight from fitting into the bracket like the stock headlight does. It just more or less sits on top of the plastic bracket and is held in place by the metal fastening ring. It seems secure but I did need to adjust the right light down several inches to match the light thrown by the left lamp. So, this has me wondering if I installed them correctly. Did anyone running these lights experience the same issue with the fit or do I need to force them into the bracket somehow? If I end up keeping them, I'll need to think of something for the fog lights because they look really yellow now against the bright white of the IPFs.
I have Silverstar replacement bulbs in factory lights. Looking for something better. What is the part number and where did you buy this kit? Price?

Thanks for the help.

Never Mind...I found it.

Last edited by rays0852; 02-06-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rays0852

I have Silverstar replacement bulbs in factory lights. Looking for something better. What is the part number and where did you buy this kit? Price?

Thanks for the help.

Never Mind...I found it.
You can also buy the housings only, and use the bulbs of your choice
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Installed mine last week. Snug as a bug in the opening.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rbricault
Installed mine last week. Snug as a bug in the opening.
Make sure to wrap the connectors tight with electrical tape, or a zip tie.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This with the wiring harness is a given upgrade for my jeep. Wiring harness makes a huge difference to the amount of light output of the ipf or any h4 conversion.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested in these lights too. I notice the bulbs have a blue tint, does the light shine blue at all?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by k0260
I'm interested in these lights too. I notice the bulbs have a blue tint, does the light shine blue at all?
Just a little. More of a white. Once you change them out, you realize how yellow and dim the factory bulbs are.

Quick Reply: Questioning fit of IPF H4 Headlight Conversion Kit - 920HJKK