Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

U Connect

Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U Connect

Whats up? I have a 09 Sahara that came with the GPS dvd stereo. It has a button for U Connect but when I push it it says not equipped. Is there something I can do to equip it? I dont get why it would be there but unavailable.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

What is the three letter sales code on the lower right front corner of the radio?

If it is a factory installed RER, the radio has uconnect and the microphone for it.

If it is an RES, no uconnect.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giantfootballs
Whats up? I have a 09 Sahara that came with the GPS dvd stereo. It has a button for U Connect but when I push it it says not equipped. Is there something I can do to equip it? I dont get why it would be there but unavailable.
2009, if it's the Original Unit, there's 3 letters on the Bttm right corner. RER? if so, all you need is a Mic to plug in back...Buy Mopar's and spend up to $80...get one anywhere else, can spend a Dollar...$1
Attachment 421856Attachment 421857

http://www.allelectronics.com/....They are called a Electret microphones...it just needs to have that square connector on the end....see the white one in the pic? The mygig takes the same mics that some Bluetooth devices use or other Infotainment units use for Voice Recognition....I have both of these and I buy tons of gadgets every week from this site...they are good people, cheap, cool ideas with things they have...
example: it is a lock actuator for a ford gas door. I used it and built it in my center console box and i can remote lock it ...lol...

Description-

12Vdc push/pull actuator for auto fuel door. 12mm (.47") push or pull depending on polarity. Nylon housing and plunger. Housing dimensions 43 x 59 x 29mm (1.68" x 2.33" x 1.15"). Two mounting holes on 50mm centers. Terminals are inside of nylon connector attached to housing. 5" nylon hooked extension rod can be easily twisted off end of plunger.

CAT# DLA-3 $4.75 each

Attachment 421862Attachment 421863

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Giantfootballs
Here is a close up of the connector.....This is the style mic i installed, small hole drilled and mic is flush with panel and unseen....

The 2 on the right are $40 and $55....First post to you , those are a dollar. Better Quality too...The big one gores to a Module that is $300...the mic, first pics one with blue, That is $129 mic...lol

Attachment 421867Attachment 421868Attachment 421869Attachment 421870[TABLE="class: tabTable"]
[TR="class: productListing-odd"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: productListing-even"]
[TD="class: productListing-data, align: center"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: productListing-data, align: right"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
example: it is a lock actuator for a ford gas door. I used it and built it in my center console box and i can remote lock it ...lol...
That's pretty awesome! Have you done a write-up on this? I'd love to see how you did it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

This is the one I followed when I installed mine...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ng-mic-152150/

The only thing I did different was remove the roll bar padding cover and cut the padding with a dremel. The mic was pressed into the foam padding and I wrapped the padding cover back over it. It is protected that way from wind, but i can still be heard loud and clear.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

What does the RHB stand for on a factory 2011 Sahara
Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scrappy
This is the one I followed when I installed mine...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ng-mic-152150/

The only thing I did different was remove the roll bar padding cover and cut the padding with a dremel. The mic was pressed into the foam padding and I wrapped the padding cover back over it. It is protected that way from wind, but i can still be heard loud and clear.
Sorry, I was talking about a write-up for the remote-lock for the center console.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4Play
That's pretty awesome! Have you done a write-up on this? I'd love to see how you did it.
Nah...that's one thing I haven't gotten to do yet....The Wrangler I'm doing this on is the first one i bought of the JK series...I have another one...The one I;m working on is a 2008 Sahara....

it has just 4000 miles om it....lol...It was the year that they had the Lifetime Powertrain and I added the Max care to cover everything else for Lifetime....lol...

I decided I would use this one to have fun, take my time and do custom work....I'm getting alot of parts on ebay, like the new style Console, leather armrest Lid, they sell for $250 on mopar,

the console is complete parts...a/c outlet etc...all the pcs from Mopar is totaled $3100, crazy....I paid $125.....SRT Amp...mopar is $1150..i paid $40.....Auto climate..mopar is $119...

I got one that gors to the Avenger/Sebring....paid $18....lol...Leather wheel air bag and all controls.....S wheel was $268 mopar, empty...Air bag $568 mopar, I paid $75...cruise switch..$98....me=free....etc etc...total mopar price is $1600, all pcs...my total=$125...lol

I'm putting Inductive chargers for cell and laptop in console and in that area on drivers side just under the hand brake...it lays tilted to see while magnets hold it and no wires for charging or streaming music...

putting usb ports in different areas, I'm just buying cheap as I can , wait for that part I didn't know I wanted to be on ebay and taking my time....lol...
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer

I'm putting Inductive chargers for cell and laptop in console and in that area on drivers side just under the hand brake...it lays tilted to see while magnets hold it and no wires for charging or streaming music...
This is something that I'm planning on doing also. When the GS4 comes out this year it's supposed to have inductive charging. I was thinking about the area under the e-brake and the small area between the cupholders and gear shifter. I put my phone there a lot. Let me know how it comes out if you get around to it.

Quick Reply: U Connect