Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 with uconnect sirius

Old 05-27-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 with uconnect sirius

I'm in the Houston area and have noticed this past week my sirius radio cuts out for a second and does it often. I thought it was from cloud coverage but now that it's been sunny the past couple of days I'm realizing it's a different issue. This happens stopped at a light or driving. The FM AM and aux does not do this. I'm in wide open areas and no trees or over passes. I dont know if there are satelite issues in the area or not but will probably call and ask. A friend of mine has a 2011 JK and his does the same but mine seems to cut out more frequently. Anyone else having issues?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shell
I'm in the Houston area and have noticed this past week my sirius radio cuts out for a second and does it often. I thought it was from cloud coverage but now that it's been sunny the past couple of days I'm realizing it's a different issue. This happens stopped at a light or driving. The FM AM and aux does not do this. I'm in wide open areas and no trees or over passes. I dont know if there are satelite issues in the area or not but will probably call and ask. A friend of mine has a 2011 JK and his does the same but mine seems to cut out more frequently. Anyone else having issues?
Yep mine cuts out too for a second.. almost like the song skips.. it must not be a lot because I don't remember it happening the past couple of days. Last time I noticed it was several songs in a row
Old 05-27-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try to watch the display if shows acquiring signal then it's a signal problem if nothing shows up on the display hardware problem on there end
Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
Try to watch the display if shows acquiring signal then it's a signal problem if nothing shows up on the display hardware problem on there end
Gonna call them tonight, on the way home I'll definately look at the signal. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine's been doing this frequently since the channel change up a few weeks ago. Also noticed a lot of issues with the wrong song info being displayed, which lead me to believe these are both SiriusXM issues.

Let us know what you find out after talking with them.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The first guy I talked to this morning wanted my sirius ID so he can check the signal so I called them back while I was on my way home. The second person I talked to was totally useless and said I need to take it to the dealer and have the sirius hard reset. That's all she would keep saying.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had any skips in mine that my wife doesn't have in her '10. There are a few places in town that get me every time.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I found how to reset the mygig so I did it and will take it for a test ride in a few minutes.

To Reset the MyGIG radio it is best to pull the vehicle IOD fuse (with ignition off), instead of unhooking the negative battery cable. This is especially important with models REN and REZ radios. Disconnecting and Reconnecting the battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage MyGIG REN and REZ radios. Once the fuse is pulled, press Open/Close hardkey on upper left of head unit and hold for 10 seconds to discharge the capacitors in the headunit.

Instead of the open close we have a load button so I pushed it for 10 seconds
Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Didn't work, calling them again.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

They sent signal to radio to refresh.... whatever that does.... It seems that it fixed the problem though. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: 2011 with uconnect sirius