Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Upgrade 2012 JKU Sound System

Old 10-03-2016, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade 2012 JKU Sound System

All,

This topic has been covered numerous times. I have researched it and found different answers. Never any with my exact plans.
I want to update the JKU 6 Speakers, add a amp and sub and add a Camera. I updated my 130 to the 430 RBZ already.
My JKU did not come with the SUB in the back so i was going to add a under seat amp and under seat sub. I Purchased the camera and PAC CHYRVD already to hook it to the 430. My questions are.

1. Do i just take out and put in the new speakers? What are recommendations by you guys for replacements that won't break the bank but are good quality.
2.What do i need to get this system up and running besides the speakers amp and sub? talk of LC6I and LP7-4's ? Obviously I'm not an installer, but I'm a decently quick learner.
3.Point me to other forum threads that you may have used?
4. Good subs and amps at this time that again are good but are on the cheaper side?

Any help is great and appreciated thanks again

Rory
Old 10-04-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are in the beginning stages of going down the jeep audio rabbit hole.
Don't waist your time with changing speakers out, adding amp, etc before swiping out the stock head unit.
I replaced speakers, added amp and subwoofer, wasn't happy with the sound.
Then I added a JL audio cleansweep sound processor, still wasn't happy.
I finally swapped out the 430 head unit with a pioneer 4200nex and sound quality difference is huge.
I would stick to audio along the lines of JL audio and Rockford fosgate. My stuff Rockford
Make sure to match components at the rms ratings not peak power ratings.
Those company's that advertise 1000watt amps I would just stay away from. True amp and speaker ratings should be at rms

2015 Hydro Blue JKU
Old 10-04-2016, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a good thread to read

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...tro-rr-333254/

2015 Hydro Blue JKU

Quick Reply: Upgrade 2012 JKU Sound System