Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Using a Mac to Install Gracenotes Update 2057

Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Mac to Install Gracenotes Update 2057

Hi there everyone. I wanted to post what I did to get the Gracenotes update to work with my iMac. Please keep in mind that I didn't do anything special and only used native Mac Burning software. I did not have to install any third party software to get it to work properly.

1. I downloaded the latest Gracenotes from http://mofv.com/mygig/Gracenotes.htm

2. Unzipped the file to my desktop (using native Mac unzip).

3. Dragged the files inside the "GN_2057_US" folder directly over to the Untitled DVD in Finder (See Left Side).

4. Clicked on the Burn button (Yellow Radiation Looking Symbol)

5. Named the DVD "GN".

6. Used default settings (Speed=Maximum Possible 4X) and clicked on "Burn".

7. Let the Mac do it's thing and once the burning process was complete I ejected it and made my way over to the MyGig.

8. Started my JK turned on the MyGig and inserted the DVD.

9. The update process began almost immediately after inserting the DVD.

You will know that you have a good DVD once you are prompted for the upgrade. I personally let the update run and then came back after about 20-30 mins and the update was done. I could tell the update completed because it was at the prompt where is asked you if you would like to upgrade. I chose "No" and then ejected the disc. I then verified in the System Information and saw that the Gracenotes version was now 2057.

Hope this post helps anyone trying to use a Mac.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am going to try this when I get back in town, I had a devil of a time trying to upgrade gracenotes with my mac. I upgraded the rer mygig system but could not get gracenotes to work was using the NCH express software as everyone rec. Hope this works. It sure would make it easier if they would just make it to where you could just use a flash
Old 11-23-2010, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

holy moley! what size hard drive do you have!?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SJJK
holy moley! what size hard drive do you have!?
lol. 1 TB in the new 27" iMac. Now if only my stock JK were as cool as the Mac, then I'd be in business.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwsjeep
I am going to try this when I get back in town, I had a devil of a time trying to upgrade gracenotes with my mac. I upgraded the rer mygig system but could not get gracenotes to work was using the NCH express software as everyone rec. Hope this works. It sure would make it easier if they would just make it to where you could just use a flash
Let me know if you have any issues. One item I forgot to mention is that I am using Fujifilm DVD+R's for the burning process. Not sure if that makes a difference....
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM
PAS
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info, worked lime a charm

Quick Reply: Using a Mac to Install Gracenotes Update 2057