Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Viper alarm install?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
no problem... let me know if you have any questions when you are doing the install... it really isnt bad at all... but their is always one wire that you will forget and drive ya crazy...
So... Bringing an old thread back. I've searched everything I could find in here regarding the viper remote start alarms. I recently purchased a python 574 prev called 991 which is pretty much a viper 5901. Although the new brain module (5x04) has change a little it seem to be pretty much the same. I had to upgrade the CHALL I bought to v2.11 in order to use the installation instructions available on the xpresskit website. When I called for support, they mentioned that bc I have a manual, I would have to have the tach wire hardwired to the jeep. Any idea what color the wire is? And where is it located? They also said I need to hardwire the parking brake but that shouldnt be a problem
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Bump....anyone?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
ive done a few viper 5901s i have one in my jk.. pretty easy these days using a CHALL interface with the D2D interface... their are a few threads on the topic... bascially you just need

viper alarm
Xpresskit CHALL
Xpresskit CHTH2

hook up power . ground . neutral safety wire. siren . hood pin .. thats about it... very easy compared to wiring up each wire.... the CHALL takes care of all the major wiring.. you can get the interfaces at most online car audio places. dont forget the 5901 defaults to manual trans so you have to go and change it to auto if thats what you have before the remote start will work.

Have you installed a 530t the dei window up/down box? Going to install a 5902 this weekend in a 2008 jk. went with the chall, chth2, 5902, ( girfriends jeep remote easier to use but huge ) 507m digital tilt, 545t day time running lights and auto lights, 508d rf field sensor, 513t pizo interior siren, 567t hoodlock, 530t 2 window up and down.

have directec wire info but it isnt as specific as normally and worried the window switches sit in between the window motors and a relay pack or module .. if so the 530t will not sense the window up / down from motor resistance.

Thanks

Also Chall is vr 2.05 but is for 08 jeep so should be ok?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default upgrading the chall

Originally Posted by Cet99
So... Bringing an old thread back. I've searched everything I could find in here regarding the viper remote start alarms. I recently purchased a python 574 prev called 991 which is pretty much a viper 5901. Although the new brain module (5x04) has change a little it seem to be pretty much the same. I had to upgrade the CHALL I bought to v2.11 in order to use the installation instructions available on the xpresskit website. When I called for support, they mentioned that bc I have a manual, I would have to have the tach wire hardwired to the jeep. Any idea what color the wire is? And where is it located? They also said I need to hardwire the parking brake but that shouldnt be a problem

How did you upgrade the chall to v2.11 I am getting ready to install in 2008 jk and chall is labled 2.05

thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

You could download the software to upgrade from xpresskit and buy a Xk loader from the bay for like $30. Or just go to best buy and the could upgrade it there. They did mine for free
Old 02-13-2019, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You gents seem pretty well-versed in alarms so if you don't mind, I want to run a hypothetical by ya. I've got a 2010 with inoperable keyless entry. I've ruled out the WCM/SKREEM and have 3 functioning keys (start/drive and send an RF signal). The dealership has been brainstorming with me and thinks that I may have had an alarm installed that required someone to cut some wires somewhere. Is that possible and if so where would those wires be? I've taken the panels off and checked and all seems to be intact inside the doors themselves. I don't know where else to look to see if something is installed or has been ripped out without being put back to normal. BTW, the door locks work fine from the switches, just no keyfob function.

Quick Reply: Viper alarm install?