Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Weird wiring!!!!

Old 06-14-2018, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird wiring!!!!

hello,
new owner of a 2016 brand new Rubicon, i tried yesterday to upgrade the front lights with a pair of JW evolution 2j that are supposed to be plug n play on this wrangler model but the wiring is not what it supposed to be:
Is there something wrong ? What should I do?

Old 06-14-2018, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that there is an h4 connector. the next gen jw you have there is an h13 connector. which my 07 jeep initially had. i had to switch to0 an h4 connector to get my 1st gen jw 8700s for work. plus i needed an anti flicker harness. i don't know why you have an h4 harness if you are the original owner unless you had stock leds? jw speaker mentions a compatibility issue with stock leds, maybe the connecor is it. adapters are cheap and easy, but in my experience going from h13 to h4, it's worth hard wiring the adapter so you only have one connection to worry about getting loose. good luck, and love my jws..
edit, just noticed a second harness maybe? just past your finger in the picture with what looks like a white plug..

Last edited by Geordo`; 06-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Really, it’s a mistery!!!! Please tell me that some 2016 models have this H4 wiring!!!!

Last edited by Glounk; 06-15-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

noticing you're in qatar. it could have been a difference there, i know you guys had to option of a diesel engine. maybe there was for whatever reason a reason to go with h4 adapters.

what are the chances the red circled connector is the h13 you are looking for?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

I saw this hanging there but couldn’t plug it to the JW lights, so i don’t really know this is what for, Vin number says that is made in USA and that’s it, nothing about special market or region!!!!
When i was on the matket for a desert 4X4 i was really looking for a Land Cruiser as everybody has one here and advise it to who is asking for a good desert car but after many hours spent on internet and couple of meetings with some friends who ar jeep guys i decided to go for a rubicon JL but believe it or not, the Jeep company is the worst represented here, i was surprised that an iconic brand like this in a place where one of its legendary model has all its place is so badly represented and the newest model i found at the dealer is 2016 wrangler models,
- This white rubicon i have now was seating there waiting for me , i didn’t hesitate one second. LoL
-So yes, no diesel here, only big work trucks use diesel that is hard to find in petrol stations if you want some for some reason.

Last edited by Glounk; 06-15-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Hi,
i found some time to take pics :
can a professional fix this, i mean enable the sidelight????

Quick Reply: Weird wiring!!!!