Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Is Your StocK CD Player A POS?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Is Your StocK CD Player A POS?

2011, 3 months old. The first CD player skipped constantly on CDs that look good and play in all my other players (about 12). Dealer replaced it last week but it still won't play anything but brand new CDs. This is bullshit of course, because no CD stays brand new for long.

I offered to pay the difference for an upgrade but the dealer says the CD transport is the same in all the stock stereos. (They wouldn't do the upgrade anyway.)

What kind of luck are you having with your stock CD player?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Almost 50 views and no replies. Guess I did not ask the question very well.

The question: Does your stock JK radio skip on CDs that play fine in other CD players?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Freewill
2011, 3 months old. The first CD player skipped constantly on CDs that look good and play in all my other players (about 12). Dealer replaced it last week but it still won't play anything but brand new CDs. This is bullshit of course, because no CD stays brand new for long.

I offered to pay the difference for an upgrade but the dealer says the CD transport is the same in all the stock stereos. (They wouldn't do the upgrade anyway.)

What kind of luck are you having with your stock CD player?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 with the 6 disc in dash changer and I have no issues..if that helps you any.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only used it once, but there wasn't a problem. I always just plug in my iPod. It never skips.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

What's a CD?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by arasco85
What's a CD?
Heh heh. That's about what I thought. Guess I may as well make the Ipod plunge. Have stayed away from it because I like the sound of .wav files better than MP3 - but I see that the Ipod supports .wav files now. The Classic will hold about 200 CDs worth of .wav quality music. That'll do!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a problem with my 08 radio when I first got it. The sirius would cut in and out just whenever it wanted clear view of the sky or not and CDs played then went out. They replaced the radio and it fixed the problem. They werent supposed to per some bulletin and were just supposed to flash the system. Do you have the Infiniti stereo by chance?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got a 6 disc in the WK. Has had same cds in there since 06.
gota a 1 disc in the JK. Someone put a cd in there and left it.

Don't use it at all anymore.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by badboybill010
I had a problem with my 08 radio when I first got it. The sirius would cut in and out just whenever it wanted clear view of the sky or not and CDs played then went out. They replaced the radio and it fixed the problem. They werent supposed to per some bulletin and were just supposed to flash the system. Do you have the Infiniti stereo by chance?
Thanks for the reply.

No Infinity, the speakers/amp is the basic system. From what the dealer said, the CD deck would be the same with the Ininity amp and speakers, though.

I got a memory flash when they replaced the deck, but they said it was for an issue not related to the CD player.

The Sirius system is supposed to have a few seconds of memory so it keeps playing when you drive though a "shadow". The memory puked in mine (another ride, not the JK) so it drops out when I drive under a tree now.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since i bought my 2011 I have yet to put a CD in it. Probably never will especially with uconnect and Sirius.

When I got rid of my TJ I never once put a cd in the aftermarket deck since I had a iPod controller and that was over the course of 5 years.

Quick Reply: Is Your StocK CD Player A POS?