Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

wiring diagram for speakers

Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring diagram for speakers

I am replacing my speakers (soundbar, dash and tweeters) on my 2007 JK. I am trying to figure out which speaker wires at each location are positive and negative. There is no consistency from location to location, and the existing speakers are not marked.

I have searched the forum and read a few posts about this, but the diagrams do not concur with my system. I have the Infinity premium system with the 7 speakers. For example, the rear left speaker in the soundbar has a dark green solid wire and a black/white wire. The front left speaker has a gray/yellow wire and a gray/purple wire. The front left tweeter has gray/yellow and gray/red. Which ones are positive and which ones are negative?

Thanks from anyone that can help.......
Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow
I am replacing my speakers (soundbar, dash and tweeters) on my 2007 JK. I am trying to figure out which speaker wires at each location are positive and negative. There is no consistency from location to location, and the existing speakers are not marked.

I have searched the forum and read a few posts about this, but the diagrams do not concur with my system. I have the Infinity premium system with the 7 speakers. For example, the rear left speaker in the soundbar has a dark green solid wire and a black/white wire. The front left speaker has a gray/yellow wire and a gray/purple wire. The front left tweeter has gray/yellow and gray/red. Which ones are positive and which ones are negative?

I had the stock cd, my neg's all had a yellow (or close to it) stripe.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both my front left speaker and tweeter have yellow stripes on a gray wire, but that is it. I have yet to take apart the front right dash yet. The rear sound bar speakers have a dark green and a black wire with white stripe (on the driver side) and a light green and light blue wire with no stripes on either wire on the passenger side. There is no consistency, that is why I need some sort of a wiring diagram/map for this Infinity premium system. Anyone else have any ideas? I will stop by the dealer today to see if they can pull a schematic unless someone has already done this?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can go to a car audio install shop, or crutchfield, and get speaker harness adapters. They plug into the stock speaker harness, and give you positive and negative leads.

No hacking into the harness (I"m assuming there's harnesses... I haven't touched my speakers yet), so you can easily replace them to stock if you ever trade it in.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow

As I said, mine all had the yellow, BUT, that was at the headunit.....maybe they switch colors downstream, at a connector, before the speakers???

Pull the h/u, check it out there. Hopefully, you'll find the yellow tracers on all, and can just do a continuity check for each speaker neg.

Last edited by dmerc; 01-03-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the base audio system and here is what I have put together. Again not sure about your set up.

Wire /Stripe +/- Location
Grey/Yellow - LF
Grey/Purple + LF

Green/Yellow - RF
Green/Purple + RF

Grey/LT. Green + LR
Grey/DK. Green - LR

DK. Green/LT. Green + RR
DK. Green/Grey - RR
Old 02-23-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Here is a diagram minus the subwoofer. Looks like pin 1 is always positive and 2 is negative.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker diagram.jpg
Views:	30891
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	6407  

Quick Reply: wiring diagram for speakers