Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring Trouble Front side marker light

Old 06-22-2019, 03:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Trouble Front side marker light

First I need to replace the wire that goes from behind the headlight over to the driver front side marker light. For the life of me I can not get the wire to disconnect behind the headlight. The socket had gotten water in it and corroded the contacts, and when I went to replace just the side marker assembly the disconnect clip broke from being all brittle. So now I have to try and replace the bulb housing, and the wire that runs to it. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The bulb housings are incredibly cheap (eBay, $15 for both) and the wiring should be an easy find if you know anybody who has gone to flat flares- usually they eliminate those lights instead of adapting them. As far as replacing that housing, your best bet for avoiding breaking other pieces is to take out a few of the blind rivets along the edge of the fender flare and then work with it. It's really easiest completely off of the vehicle but some folks break more clips that way. If you take the fender flare off then you'll also have a better angle to get at the harness that's on the body that you need to replace. It should clip in to the frame there with Christmas tree clips.

Quick Reply: Wiring Trouble Front side marker light