Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JEEP had a seizure

Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEEP had a seizure

I was driving to work and all the warning lights came on and the Jeep stalled. I had to turn the key off, put it in park, and restart the Jeep, all in the number 1 lane of the freeway. It happened again about 10 minutes later; all the warning lights came on, the wipers came on, and the car stalled. I made it to work fine after that. I tried starting it when I got off work and nothing. No lights, no click from the starter, nothing. It was as if the battery was disconnected. I called the dealer, my wife, friends, etc. and waited. After ten minutes I noticed the lights were on, so I tried to start it, and it fired right up! I drove home without a problem. I took it to the dealer today and it stalled 5 times on the way. It would just shut off completely, even the gauges were left right where it stalled. The dealer said it might be the TPIM? module, but who knows. It is still under warranty (it's only 1 year old) so I hope they find something> I am not going to let them 'flash' my computer again, as this would be the 4th 'flashing' since I got the POS
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same happened to me and then the next day it wouldn't start. As u went to jump it off I found out the wire going to the terminal was lose. Make sure those are tight or else they will come lose will driving.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by iTz Land0n
Same happened to me and then the next day it wouldn't start. As u went to jump it off I found out the wire going to the terminal was lose. Make sure those are tight or else they will come lose will driving.
Thanks. I checked all the wires, and actually tried taking the negative lead off to reset the battery, but I didn't have any tools at the time. It's at the dealership awaiting diagnostics.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Let us know what they find, it does sound like a battery disconnect problem or positive cable shorting out on the frame somewhere.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpms
Let us know what they find, it does sound like a battery disconnect problem or positive cable shorting out on the frame somewhere.
Well, I was a loose battery connection-although I checked it when I was stalled at work. Who knows. I got it back and it drives fine. The dealership was very accommodating. They set me up with a rental and were not condescending at all (it was the wire I put on for the hid fog lights). I'll post if it happens again
Old 05-06-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by b5rider

Well, I was a loose battery connection-although I checked it when I was stalled at work. Who knows. I got it back and it drives fine. The dealership was very accommodating. They set me up with a rental and were not condescending at all (it was the wire I put on for the hid fog lights). I'll post if it happens again
'It'. Damn iPhone
Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

lemon law it
make chrysler give you a brand new one!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D0ppleganger
lemon law it
make chrysler give you a brand new one!
If it wasn't my fault (so they say) I would, and trade it for a 2012
Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpms
I go outside to check little things like now and again when the wife starts to nag a little bit too much. I tell her I need to do a routine safety and maintenance check on on the vehicles. Fluid levels battery connections and whatnot.
A new LifeTime Movie will have had started by them and I'll be safe by then.

Quick Reply: JEEP had a seizure