Notices
JK Forum Contest and Giveaways! Featured Jeep of the Month contest plus other giveaway opportunities!

Season of Giving 2.0 Rock Krawler "Your Adventure Awaits"

Old 12-12-2017, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Season of Giving 2.0 Rock Krawler "Your Adventure Awaits"

Click image for larger version

Name:	RK_jkForum.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	768.3 KB
ID:	676389

Feel like the year has dragged you down, well now is the time to get a lift up. Rock Krawler has the Hard Core Jeep Suspension - Tuned for the Daily Driver to get you through the mall parking lot. Rock Krawler is providing a choice between their 2.5" or 3.5" Adventure Series Lift during the "Season of Giving 2.0".

This Giveaway is valued up to:
$1104.21

Rock Krawler:
• This prize is one (1) 2.5" or 3.5" Adventure Series Lift, valued at $1104.21.
• One (1) winner will receive the choice of either the 2.5" or 3.5" Adventure Series Lift.

To WIN:
• You need to be a registered member of JK-Forum.com.
• You need to in a post, in this thread Tell Rock Krawler your favorite Jeep Adventure, to respond in this official thread.
• You need to post your response on or before 12:00 NOON-PST, December 22, 2017.
• (1) One member will be randomly selected by the JK-Forum Moderator staff on December 22, 2017.
• One winner will be announced by the staff of JK-Forum in this thread.
• The winner will be notified via private message and a post on this thread at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on December 22, 2017.

• JK-Forum.com reserves the unconditional right to make changes to any and all forum Rules and/or Guidelines, including those created for special events and/or giveaways, at any time and without any prior notice. JK-Forum.com also reserves the unconditional right to determine the winner of this giveaway and, if deemed necessary by JK-Forum.com in its sole discretion, to cancel the giveaway at any time.
• There is NO cost and NO minimum post count required in order to enter this giveaway. Manufacturers and vendors may not enter into this giveaway and will not be eligible to win.
• Multiple posts in this official registration thread will disqualify you from the drawing.
• Entering this givaway under multiple user accounts will result in the termination of ALL your accounts.
• You MUST be 18 years or older to win. You must be a resident of the US. Sorry but contest rules vary greatly internationally.

More legalese contest info: JK-Forum com - Sweepstakes-Rock Krawler Legalese1.doc

For more information about Rock Krawler please visit their web site at:
Rock Krawler Suspension

Last edited by Canvas; 12-12-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill take a crack at it,

the best adventure i have been on to date in the Jeep is ongoing and started with my previous vehicle.

Its not an epic trip full of difficulties, getting stuck and epic recovery operations, trail repairs and getting in over my head , more of one that puts a smile on my face every day I get in my dream vehicle. from bringing our kids home from the hospital, to exploring the Class IV roads up in Vermont and the forests around my familess ancestral home in Pennsylvania, every trip has its on opportunities for exploration, adventure and discovery and each one is as good if not better than the last.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you all I am very thankful I have a wrangler. The Lilac fire that broke out in Southern California had me racing to get home from work last Thursday and then evacuating Thursday night. Had to take the shoulders and go over some rough terrain in and out as many roads were closed around my house. I would have been scared to death in any other vehicle but my wife and I didn't think twice about it in the wrangler. It let us safe and got us where we needed to go without hesitation.

We are back home now, house and pets are all fine. We were lucky as many others were not. I will be looking at upgrades to make the JK even more capable in these types of situations as I do live in a wildfire zone.

Nothing beats a Jeep!!!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My best Jeep adventure wasn't the most hardcore rock-crawling I ever did. But driving from Texas to Ouray, Colorado's silver mining trails and ghost towns remains one of the most epic, beautiful trips I've ever taken and the Jeep was a big part of it.

My 9-month-old daughter came along and she was a total champ. She never got scared (although my wife did when the cliffs were on her side of the Jeep) and was laughing as we changed her diaper at ~13,000 feet, surrounded by her first glimpse of snow. I'll never forget that trip, and I can't wait to get back there now that we've added a son to our family and we're just getting back out in the world again.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo900.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	676393
My best adventure so far is our yearly trip to Drummond Island. It may not be the best wheeling in the world but the peace and quiet is unmatched. Plus you have to take a ferry to the island. Now the best to come will be 2018. Working on an epic journey to Moab and on the return trip home stopping at Ouray/Telluride/Silverton for a few days to run the passes through the mountains.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

It's hard to say what my favorite adventure has been, I don't get to go as often as I would like.

I still think my favorite was when I met up with a friend of mine in Arkansas to explore Hot Springs ORV. It was the most extreme Offroad experience, but I got to hang out with a good friend, who I only get to see every couple years, and bounce around in the woods.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite adventure was many years ago. I had only been married for a year or so and could never convince my wife to come wheeling with me. On one occasion, she decided to tag along. It was the one and only time she ever wheeled with me...(might have something to do with the fact that I blew up my transmission on that trip)
Old 12-12-2017, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

There are so many adventures! But now that I'm getting older- even more important to me than where we went, or how long we were there, how awesome the trail was... etc... is who was with me. For years it was always my kids and wife... or a few friends and their families. Dad and Mom... and that was all a part of why I started jeeping. We did adventures together, explored together, and were challenged together.

This last summer my 77 year old Dad bought a new jeep for himself, not brand new... but new for us. A 2015 JKU Rubi, dark green, he wanted to mod it, get it ready for trails. I spent a couple of weeks helping him get it set up, we did it in my garage. When we were ready to try it out we went to run one of his favorite trails. I took mine, in case we had problems... and he drove his own new jeep, it seemed like a waste- two people and two jeeps. We did the Goose lake Jeep trail, a high mountain trail he ran first when he was 18... and a few times since. The day was perfect, I made a video of the trip for my siblings and kids... and we had a great time. His health was really good at the time and it was truly a great day. He always loved this lake, we camped there as kids... now they have you walk the last 1/4 mile. You have to get over a creek it's wet and muddy... but worth the walk. He fell down crossing the creek, but laughed it off. Took pictures at the lake which is above timberline. He was so happy to be there, and proud of his jeep. Any jeep he has owned had to be proven on this trail first. He was all there, all day!
He still has a lot of good days, but we are noticing the beginning of memory loss, forgetting people, faces, where he is, events the day before, the stuff that he always liked to do. The difference from one side of the summer to the next is noticeable. He knows things are starting to slip, I write a lot down for him when I can to help him through the days. All summer long he kept a list of every day we had set aside for a jeep trip, they would get checked off and the next one circled. With a club, with family, with friends... he watched the whole list all summer long talking about the next trip. It was really good to see him so happy. This spring we are all going to Moab... all the family, and if he is up to it, we hope to do the Rubicon with him soon- on his bucket list for 30 years. Having him with us, will be part of the trip being fun. In the years ahead he might need to ride shotgun, or have someone drive him. In the meantime he loves to go and grins the whole time.
There is always the story of the "epic fail", the "worst stuck", the "nightmare broken part"... in the dark... in the rain... in the woods.... but nothing tops who we were with, and the time we had together. That makes for the best adventures!

Last edited by Sunnysideup; 12-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My favorite Jeep adventure started 4.6 years ago when I bought my Jeep.

I had met up with some guys from the local Jeep club and they had mentioned a ride on their calendar. I jumped at the chance and took her out. I met up with the folks at a gas station to gas up and air down (first time doing that). We made it into the trail area and I started climbing a hill. Nearly halfway up I realized I hadn't engaged my 4-wheel drive (also my first time putting it into 4x4). I made it up and stayed in 4x4 the entire time running through the thick brush, mud holes, and river-crossings. It was a total blast and one I won't forget.

Love my Jeep and can't quit modding it!!
Old 12-13-2017, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My best Jeep Adventure was attending a Jeep Jamboree with my Dad down in Kentucky. Hopefully more to come!