Notices
JK Forum Contest and Giveaways! Featured Jeep of the Month contest plus other giveaway opportunities!

Season of Giving 2.0 Rock Krawler "Your Adventure Awaits"

Old 12-13-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to say m,y most favorite jeep adventure would be my next jeep adventure. Every jeep adventure means finding new paths, making new friends and spending time with old friends.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Adventures

Started in my mind as my father told me a story about he and a buddy rolling a Generals Jeep while they were briefly in Okinawa, which ignited a sense of adventure and curiousity about Jeeps. That multiplied as we were in Hawaii when i was 14, we rented a Jeep, which was a YJ, with a 5spd..Dad drove but he let me shift the gears...my first car was a Jeep, and Im currently on my 8th. We currently have 4 in our family, Mom still has her '04 Grand Cherokee, I have a '15 JKU Sport, Wife has a '17 JKUR, Brother has a '16 Sport. Im enjoying passing on adventures to my son from his first ride in a topless Jeep to going out to watch KOH
Old 12-14-2017, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rock Krawler my favorite Jeep Adventure was my trip to NC in September. Not only did I get 13 days out I was able to hang out with some great friends I only see 1x a year and in the process also got to run some great trails in Uwharrie National Forest. Was a really great trip and I look forward to it again next year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dickie Bell5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	676493  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

So many to choose from, but one of my favorite jeep adventures was my first trip down to Big Bend National Park. Heading in to the unknown and a long ways away.....it was quite different than expectations, but it was a blast in general that resulted in two more trips in subsequent years. Much tamer than most the off roading my jeep does, but great trip with buddies, trip with son, and a trip with my daughter all courtesy of my Jeep. It's 4.5 years old currently, and I love it just as much as the day I bought it!

Thanks for the holiday opportunity RK!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite Jeep adventure was my honeymoon in 2015. My bride and I rented a 2015 Wrangler 2-door and drove all over Kauai, Hawaii. We drove to places we shouldn't have been (in a rental, anyway). That was my first adventure in a Jeep Wrangler, and I got bit. I began looking for a Wrangler once back on the mainland, and purchased a used 2013 JK optioned just like the rental (but different color) in May 2016.

Thanks for the great prize, Rock Krawler & JK Forum!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

After having talked about it for years, my wife and I decided to attend a Jeep Jamboree event. We chose the "Gateway to the Cumberlands" jamboree in Williamsburg, KY. It lived up to our expectations and then some! We conquered terrain we thought we had no business on and had a blast the whole time. So in a nutshell, we drove 5+ hours to KY, wheeled the crap out it for 2 days, and then drove the 5+ hours home. "Only in a Jeep" Indeed! Thats my greatest adventure to date.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adventuring...

Lots of great reads here, and I happen to agree with Sunnysideup on this one, the adventures for me are more about who I'm with!

I picked up my first Jeep this year and my adventures have been with my family and friends. Sure, I'm looking forward to really taking the JK to the local Uwharrie trails.. but for now, a recon trip out there just to see what was there was an adventure for my kids and me. There was awe and amazement from my two young boys as we drove the 1.5hrs to the National Park with the top off and then proceeded to climb the service gravel roads, all the while getting dirty inside the Jeep and out - that was part of our shared adventure. For the kiddos, they have memories they will hold on to and the time we spent getting dirty, eating P&B sandwiches in the Jeep, and making the whole day an adventure.

Our weekends may not be filled with the rock crawls (yet), but we'll continue to make memories adventuring to our local parks for hikes and exploration.

Long live the adventures and the memories of those adventures!

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have no real great adventure..... I work a lot and my Jeep JKU is stock. I really could use a lift to start those wonderful adventures I hear about.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My favorite adventure would have to be Potts Mountain runs. Found out how capable my JK was climbing out of some humongous boulders and then emerging into misty forest wonderland. Been running 2 1/2 inch TeraFlex but have heard great thinks of the Rock Crawler. Ready to upgrade my suspension and hit the next adventure.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 12-18-2017, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

The most memorable adventure would have had to been about 6 years ago when I got my Jeep JKU and the wife and I went to Ouray and explored the trails for just over a week and was in awe of how well it handled the terrain. Guess the adventure continues to this day and with the new suspensions things would only get better. Thank you for the opportunity and winning this setup.