Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Im back! - Pikes Peak Edition

Old 07-01-2017, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im back! - Pikes Peak Edition

Just saying hi with a little pictorial review of my new JK. This is my second JK . I had a 2008 jku and have wanted another one as soon as I sold it. The new one is a 2017 jku with 6 speed that I ordered. Currently has about 400 miles on it and I can definitely see the differences in the new one and my old one. I had thought of getting the new one next year but I'd rather have the culmination of all the advances over the years on the JK than be a test subject for the new model.

I'm calling it the Pikes Peak Edition (will make sense once I get my decals made). Soon as I brought her home I pulled all the stickers off and I put on a set of rubi wheels with 285/75 Duratracs. Also put on some 1.5" wheel spacers and a 1" front coil spacer. Painted the tow hooks red and threw a lightbar on.

Also put in a set of Mopar headliners and floor mats. Threw In some LED dome lights and made some LED footwell lights too

Next up was LED Raxiom headlights and some DRL / LED turn signals

Last edited by Spdu4ia; 07-01-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This part took a deep breath and some big brass ones... cutting into your 3 week old , brand new truck with an angle grinder but has to get the heat out of the engine bay somehow. Love these Daystar hood vents and very well made and nice template too. Still didn't make the first hole any easier but very pleased with the final product. Put on the bushwacker hood guard too... because I like it. You can see part of the new decal scheme too...

The box they come in makes for a good backdrop to plastidip your front emblem too

Got in the new Poison Spider tramp stamp and license plate delete plug on... I had a lot of help as you can see. Red grab handles too if you look hard enough.

And I just like this pic...

Quick Reply: Im back! - Pikes Peak Edition