Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

2016 JKU Rubicon "Gunny" build by Rebel Off-Road

Old 02-15-2018, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 JKU Rubicon "Gunny" build by Rebel Off-Road

- - 2016 Jeep JKU "Gunny" build by Rebel Off-Road - -

(15 Feb 18) I am currently deployed with the US Air Force to Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar as a Crew Chief on the B-52 Stratofortress Bomber; I have served the USAF for 13 years and being associated with the BUFF in a combat environment has been an experience like no others. Due to the deployment though, last year’s dream build on my 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon “Gunny” was placed into the holding pattern for yet another long year. Thankfully, I had done my research prior and came across Rebel Off-Road, a company that I found to possess the most technical expertise and comprehensive background in the Off-Road Industry.

Rebel Off-Road’s Sales Manager, Taylor Blagdon or better known as “ironman_jk”, has been working on making Gunny’s dream build become reality since August 2017. Taylor has been a pleasure to work with and his level of customer service has been second to none despite an 11-hour time difference. This morning in the early wee hours for me and during the sunset hour on the previous day for him, we discussed every detail of the invoice and finalized the build:

Suspension:
- Teraflex LCG 3” Long Arm Suspension Lift w/ speedbumps
- Falcon 3.1 Piggyback Shocks
- Lower control arm skids

Wheels/Tires:
- Raceline Combat Bronze, 17”
- Goodyear MT/R Kevlar, 37x12.5-17

Armor:
- Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper w/ lower skid
- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II rear bumper w/ TeraFlex hinged tire carrier
- Metalcloak Overland front and rear fenders
- Metalcloak Hardline Rocker Base

Extras:
- 4:88 re-gear
- AEV Procal
- JEReel Driveshaft
- Powerstop Z36 Complete Brake Upgrade

Axles:
- Teraflex inner axle sleeve
- C-Gussets

Extremely excited to finally return to the U.S.A. and be reunited with Gunny!!!

Photograph below taken 2017, check back later to see the completed Build by Rebel Off-Road.

Last edited by Piranha456; 03-19-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Created public Instagram @ GUNNY_JK to capture the "before/after" and showcase the #BuildByRebel

Last edited by Piranha456; 03-12-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

California or BUST; next stop Rebel Off-Road ! ! !

Loaded and ready to make a cross-country trek from North Dakota's BISON Country to the warm California beaches!

I cannot wait to be back in the U.S.A. and reunited; the anticipation certainly is a killer.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:59 PM
JK Freak

Very exciting! I'm in a similar boat (Military stationed overseas). My dad just took delivery of a new JKUR on my behalf and dropped it off at a local Off-road shop to start the build. I know exactly what you're going through with regards to the anticipation of getting back home and seeing your build in person.

Nice list of upgrades. Looking forward to seeing the progress pics! Thanks for your service!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have an update to the build?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I honestly couldn't be happier!

The overall stance and looks of the Jeep are exactly how I'd imagined (and hoped) they would be. The gamble was running 37's on only a 3" lift as well as pairing Raceline's Defender Bronze wheels against the factory Mojave Sand body color and the dice rolled in my favor.

Also, shipping my Jeep from North Dakota to Rebel Off Road in Laguna Hills, California was my best decision I could have made. The quality of work and truthfully their customer service was worth every penny.

Hope y'all like what you see!!!

-Josh

p.s. I don't have the capability to resize these photos so, extra big they are.

The following users liked this post:
DT_JK18 (05-31-2018)

Quick Reply: 2016 JKU Rubicon "Gunny" build by Rebel Off-Road