Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

billetsilverJK's 2 Door Build , i like jeeps

Old 04-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

$100 for those windows is a good deal, like a stupidly good deal. The same windows are $350 at the dealer, you don't want to know how I know. I've moved to the premium top and once you do........I don't know that you can go back to that style. They don't get dirty at all. Any dirt that is there just brushes right off. This thing refuses to stain, even with the light clay I found. But, I understand that your top is already paid for. Mine was good for a solid 5 years before I sold it on to someone who needed it more than I did.

-Keep the Rubi wheels and run them, they'll be a hot commodity in a few years and they look awesome in the meantime. I'd have a set if I didn't already have the period correct rubi wheels that I've got.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
$100 for those windows is a good deal, like a stupidly good deal. The same windows are $350 at the dealer, you don't want to know how I know. I've moved to the premium top and once you do........I don't know that you can go back to that style. They don't get dirty at all. Any dirt that is there just brushes right off. This thing refuses to stain, even with the light clay I found. But, I understand that your top is already paid for. Mine was good for a solid 5 years before I sold it on to someone who needed it more than I did.

-Keep the Rubi wheels and run them, they'll be a hot commodity in a few years and they look awesome in the meantime. I'd have a set if I didn't already have the period correct rubi wheels that I've got.
Funny you say that. I actually just found out about the cloth after I bought these new windows. seems like something ill get in the future for sure!!

And Yes I stuck with the Rubicon wheels, I was on the fence but I think it will look great.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Old 04-12-2017, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

I Ended up ordering the JKS 2.5in Jspec lift kit.

Should be here tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

So here is NO lift and 35s. I love the look but cant wait for the lift !!!

No rubbing yet, I have 2 inch spacers on.

Removed the ugly rear bumper, and even took off the muffler..... after about a mile I put it back on though!!

Old 04-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

That looks really fantastic right there where it is. I'm glad you chose to stick with the Rubi HR wheels.

Another place you'll be watching for rub right now is on the lip of that rear fender flare, you may hear a little hum when it gets close.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet rig! Can't wait for the JKS lift to go on. I have been considering that lift with 295's for mine. I really like the silver 2 door JK's for some reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160511_075626.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	670262

Subscribed!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
That looks really fantastic right there where it is. I'm glad you chose to stick with the Rubi HR wheels.

Another place you'll be watching for rub right now is on the lip of that rear fender flare, you may hear a little hum when it gets close.
Thank you Karl! I am happy I stuck with them, I really think it makes it stand out.

Originally Posted by catahoula
Sweet rig! Can't wait for the JKS lift to go on. I have been considering that lift with 295's for mine. I really like the silver 2 door JK's for some reason.

Attachment 670262

Subscribed!
I'm very excited to put it on , should be pretty straight forward.

silver is great, I love the look in sunlight and it hides EVERYTHING, nice jeep by the way!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

SO the lift kit is in, and it was a very nice kit. JKS did a great job with putting it together, instructions are color and simple, and it comes with stickers!!

But I ended up getting somewhere close to 4in of lift on a 2.5in kit ,,yikes I hope it settles. anyone else have this happen to them??
Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

It looks good but with my Rock Krawler (aptly named because it drags over rocks) I netted exactly 2.5", not a single ounce more. 2.5" isn't enough to make the 35's and such look good, you've got a better look.

Quick Reply: billetsilverJK's 2 Door Build , i like jeeps