Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

desert tires

Old 02-11-2018, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default desert tires

hi guys
i recently bought a usex 07 jk 3.8L. i live in dubai and it was the best choice for me for cost and ability to throw on some good mods i always wanted to do. i am a long life yj owner having owned one for 23 yeats so i know a little bit about mod i d like to hope however with the jk its a whole new ball game
i ve had mud terrains on my yj since day one and always found the vehicle was transforned when offroad but had been wheeling in europe and uk and greece mostly so mud terrain was big. In greece on the beachedls the mud terrains were great also but thats no comparison to the real thick desert sand and dunes
the big question is what shuld i go for as dubai desert is the most common obstacle ill be tackling together with sand dunes. Mud terrains does not seem a bad idea but i also see lots of people on bfg a/ts out here. the jk is a dd with about 40km round trip daily so not a big thing and we do not mind a little bit of hum noise for the sake of having a blast out on the desert at weekends
my plan is 285/75/16 the equivalent of 33s i believe and maybe a 2 to 2.5 inch lift..on the same subject can you tell me what else i should make sure i do when going on bigger tire eg recalibration of pcm and speedo etc i currenty run really bad cooper h/ts 275/70/16
thank you

Last edited by kampoyj; 02-11-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: desert tires