Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Geeky Gecko Kind of Build

Old 06-15-2019, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, thought I'd throw up my first pic of my current JK! Hopefully some changes coming sooner than later!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Not a ton of progress but a few pics. I got these safari straps from a fellow member and threw them on today.
Also put the 67 Designs phone mount on the dash. Wanted to talk quickly about the quality of this mount. I know a lot of people think they're outrageously priced (and they are pretty high for a phone/gadget mount). But this thing is super solid. The mounting point is super straight forward and easy (total install is like 5 minutes). Most people don't talk about the actual phone clamp itself though (which I believe is made out of aluminum?). It really grabs the phone and there's absolutely no vibration in the phone once clamped in (which was super high on the priority list for me). Anyway, very glad I made the purchase overall. Any questions or roasts throw them at me.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta love that 67 design mount, solid af.

Good luck with the current build, it's always hard to stay away.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Well went ahead and ordered some new tires today. Went with 315/70r17 Kumho Road Venture M/T’s. I’ve never personally used Kumho, but the price was great and a good friend used to run them on his lifted Tundra and had a lot of great things to say. Scraped up this image for reference, hoping they look good. Should be delivered in a couple days or so.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Decided to do a little DIY project tonight. I like the look of color-matched mesh on a grille, so I decided to give it a shot. Pretty straight forward. I used gutter guard cut into strips, used a little color match paint and clear coat, and zip tied them down with some zip-tie holders. All in all happy with the result.

First some before pics for comparison:

Next remove grille and do the job:

Finally a finished product and back on:

Any questions or roasts feel free
Old 06-20-2019, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Where'd you get your color match paint? Gecko isn't a color everyone has on the shelf like black, white, or red.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Any good paint store can get you paint in whatever color you want. Even put it in spray cans for you. I would think Mopar would also have it.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

My local O’Reilly’s store has a mixing booth where they can mix up auto paints and put them into spray cans. Ridiculously expensive at $25 per can. But when you need it on demand and fail to order online, it’s a great option.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Where'd you get your color match paint? Gecko isn't a color everyone has on the shelf like black, white, or red.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
My local O’Reilly’s store has a mixing booth where they can mix up auto paints and put them into spray cans. Ridiculously expensive at $25 per can. But when you need it on demand and fail to order online, it’s a great option.
Let us know how those adhesive pads hold up, interested to see.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

The adhesive pads suck honestly. In the pic with the materials I used you can see I bought some of the quality 3M double sided adhesive lol. I used it on several of the pads that weren’t solid. Fortunately the tie holders are super cheap so I don’t mind paying 8 bucks for the 3M.

Originally Posted by GeekyTechyCool
Let us know how those adhesive pads hold up, interested to see.

Quick Reply: Geeky Gecko Kind of Build