Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Kid's Jeep Bed

Old 07-03-2017, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kid's Jeep Bed

Does anyone have Jeep Bed blueprints/plans they would be willing to share? I have a two year old boy that would like to have a Jeep just like Dad's Jeep.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Little Tikes jeep bed. Not a custom built bed, but easy.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Knew someone around town here that made a bed like that for his son. Turned out really nice. Lots of pics on Google image search. I'd think that depending on your skill level, they'd be pretty easy to duplicate just via looks. Mattress is going to dictate size, so building frame and pedestal for that is going to be the starting point. All the rest starts to fall in line from there. Some of those pictures on Google look like people are using actual wheels and tires......wish I had a younger kiddo still....would be a fun project!

Good luck with the build!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Broncorif
Check out Little Tikes jeep bed. Not a custom built bed, but easy.
I've seen those and they look nice. A new Tikes Jeep bed is about $300.

According to some posts I've seen in the past a custom-built Jeep bed should run (no pun intended) about $250. I'd be interested to hear if anyone had purchased the $30 plans on ETSY and, if so, was it worthwhile.

I was thinking of some improvements on the custom Jeep bed but not sure how well they'd work out. For example, I have some real Jeep parts (headlights, foglights, fender flares, mirrors, etc) that I may be able to use but could be the wrong size altogether.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I think the Tikes bed looks pretty cool for a little one, but I think a custom made bed that you make would probably end up way cooler, you could paint to match your own, and he probably wouldn't outgrow it as quickly (as in the Tikes bed looks cool for a young kid, but as they grow it starts to look a bit more babyish). Not to mention, I think being able to add random real parts would add to the originality. I would bet said and done, you spend just as much if not a little more, but end up with a cooler bed. You'd also be able to make something with more of a custom height than real close to the floor. Gosh, my mind going crazy with things....like wiring up low voltage headlights or using LED pods somehow as bed stand lights or mounted on the bed like a real jeep as some actual functional lights for the room. Whole jeep themed room.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I think the Tikes bed looks pretty cool for a little one, but I think a custom made bed that you make would probably end up way cooler, you could paint to match your own, and he probably wouldn't outgrow it as quickly (as in the Tikes bed looks cool for a young kid, but as they grow it starts to look a bit more babyish). Not to mention, I think being able to add random real parts would add to the originality. I would bet said and done, you spend just as much if not a little more, but end up with a cooler bed. You'd also be able to make something with more of a custom height than real close to the floor. Gosh, my mind going crazy with things....like wiring up low voltage headlights or using LED pods somehow as bed stand lights or mounted on the bed like a real jeep as some actual functional lights for the room. Whole jeep themed room.
I totally agree. And I'm getting more excited about building it the more I think about it.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the plans on etsy. Pretty detailed. I'm planning on changing them though. I'm going to make this bed look like a Jeep with half doors and no top. I'm also going to weld a roll cage. The money I spend on tubing should be slightly offset by maximizing space on the one sheet of plywood I buy (instead of two the plans call for). Should be pretty cool and not much more expensive.

Quick Reply: Kid's Jeep Bed