Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Nick's build revision 3.0

Old 05-11-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife was having trouble getting in. I started with some Grabars.

They are super solid. I really like them. But they didn't help my vertically challenged wife. So I added a MORE step for her.

It fits perfect with the Barricade rock rails
I really like the look of the rock rails and was looking for any solution for her to be able to get in easy. It works perfectly for her. I ordered the black model. But I was concerned that only the foot platform was black. The rest was bare SS. I thought I'd want to get the rest of it powder coated, but it's a non issue. It blends in fine.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

While I loved the look of the front bumper sans plate... They are fussy about front plates here. So I added a license plate bracket. I used a bracket for a 90 Mustang and with a litle trimming it worked perfectly.

To add a little contrast I put on some flat black hood decals.

Coming next:
Audio...

Last edited by nichas900; 05-11-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

I'm pretty behind the times with music and technology. I was tired of carrying CD's, and messing around with my phone to play the music I wanted. Pretty much I was just looking for something to work with my Android and my Pandora. I went with a Sony XAV-AX100.

I have the Pandora Premium. It's $10 bucks a month. It has all my channels no commercials, I can skip as many songs as I want and it has better audio. My favorite channel being my Thumbprint Station. Every song on the wide ranging channels I listen to that I give the "thumbs up" automatically loads to my Thumbprint Station. It's pretty much all my favorite songs. I can also search for specific songs, therefore no need for actual CD's in the car. The Sony head unit pretty much just integrates my phone into the stereo. It works real slick. Super pleased with it.

I also upgraded the factory infinity speakers with Kickers. I might upgrade the sub next. But it sounds pretty good now. The new head unit really woke up the little factory sub.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

As much as the new head unit helped the factory sub, I feel it was still lacking in the thump department. I ordered a JL audio stealth box and JL Audio XD300/1v2 amp. This should wrap up the mods, at least until the inevitable and it gets some forced induction...
Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the sub setup. I have to say, the JL audio stealth box is top notch. It fits perfect and doesn't rob too much space. I used a JL audio xd300/1v2 amp and it thumps it good. Super happy with it. I also installed a remote amp control in the lower dash panel and a dedicated USB port.

Enclosure with amp mounted:

With the cover on:

USB and sub level control:

Quick Reply: Nick's build revision 3.0