Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Rollover Rebuild

Old 01-25-2019, 09:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update - I passed emissions and was able to finally get my TN tag. Thus, 11 months and over-budget...but I'm finally legal!

In the past few weeks I also picked up a set of beadlocks and 37 Toyos from a local 4x4 shop. I spent a few hours mounting them myself in the garage. This was a first for me, but between all the online videos and forums, it wasn't bad mounting them - just time consuming. Actually, the hardest part of installing this combo was finding a shop that would balance them.

KMC Machete Beadlocks 17"

37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country MTs

I mounted the set of 5 wheels/tires over the course of two evenings while everyone was asleep. Took me about 30-40 minutes per tire following the torque specs from KMC. I get bored easily, so don't think I'd have the patience do to all 5 in one sitting. Kudos to anyone that can. HA.

Once wheels were mounted and balanced, I was finally able to get them on the Jeep. I like this setup way better than the 20" wheels that came it. I was able to sell those wheels and tires, and that will fund my upcoming upgrades.

I did swap out my factory front bumper, which I had stubby cut, for a basic Rough Country bumper with the low profile winch mount one. Eventually I'll get a winch, but goal here was to keep it low so I retain max airflow

I started on the electrical accessories as well, beginning with the Spod knock-off, headlight/fog light halos (kids love changing the colors) and back up camera. I'm planning to run rock lights, multiple trail cameras and I still need to wire up the rubicon axles to actually use the front and rear factory lockers, so those are next on my build list.

Oh, and I spoke to my painter recently....trying to decide if I want to raptor liner the entire Jeep myself (change colors completely) or have him professionally clean up the white/black combo I have going now (idea is to paint XRC fenders factory white) . More to come here...I'm so torn.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

So this showed up today....
Old 03-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 84 Likes on 82 Posts

Holy cow! You've gone full monte on this thing... 392 Hemi... KMC beadlocks... I don't recall what axles you have under this?
Old 04-01-2019, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg View Post
Holy cow! You've gone full monte on this thing... 392 Hemi... KMC beadlocks... I don't recall what axles you have under this?
Ha, it appears so. I think I like building more than driving...Oh, and I'm running trussed/gusseted Rubi 44s with aftermarket shafts.

So the Hemi is here....thus, the easy part is done.

I'm now in the process of sourcing all of the parts needed to complete the swap; which, based on the compiled lists from the companies that complete swaps, is extensive.
Additionally, after speaking with each of these shops in detail, I'm still undecided on which kit I'll buy for the conversion. I even thought about attempting it without one but that thought was short lived. Thus, I'm currently in a toss up between Dakota or JSS kits. More to come...

Quick Reply: Rollover Rebuild

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: