Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Tj bumper mounted on jk

Old 02-04-2019, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tj bumper mounted on jk

I bought a bumper on ebay auction. It was listed as a jk barricade adventure bumper. I paid less than $100 for it including shipping. When I received it I noticed it is a tj bumper. Barricade adventure tj bumper. Since I paid so little for it in new condition I figured I would see if I could make it fit. I cut the bumper mount pads off. I welded nuts to the inside of my frame. No way to get a wrench on them once the bumper is on. I cut the bottom mount on the bumper off and re welded it once I had it mounted with top bolts. Because the bracket was angled up and would not slide on. I also made a thin skid plate to hide the cross member frame support.

I am by no means a professional welder. Just a diy garage guy lol

Skid plate is thin 22ga. Steel for hardware store. Mounts to bottom mount on bumper and existing holes in the crossmember.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

It looks like a TJ bumper mounted to a JK. Not sure why anyone would want that look.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

End result looks pretty good.....not sure if I would have
went that route but if your happy with it. Awesome
Old 02-05-2019, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking about getting rid of the crossmember and skid plate. Adding frame support behind the bumper.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Meh. Considering how little you had in it, I would have just flipped it back out. Likely you would have gotten your money back. Had you been looking at taking a considerable loss, I could see maybe going through the trouble of trying to make it work.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Cummunication has been terrible with the seller. Tried to return it. I figured I would make it fit. I think i will like it better once I remove the crash bar. Yes I could have tried selling it but I'm too impatient. I got a surprise email today that said I had been fully refunded. So I now have a free bumper. If I ever decide on changing it. I can just weld my pads back on

Quick Reply: Tj bumper mounted on jk