Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The PR Team at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles filmed a short interview with me and my Jeep when I was at HQ near Detroit a few weeks back.

I'm pinching myself right now, and extremely excited to be working with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoexwzN0VR8 -Dan
Old 05-05-2016, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grecy
Yep, and by running skinny tires hopefully the first thing I'll break is traction.

I spent a lot of time thinking about and researching wheel and tire choice for the trip.

I've written up a piece explaining all my thinking, and what I'm running.

I've also compared the stock Rubicon BFG Mud-Terrain in 255/75r17 to the BFG KO2 All-Terrain in 34x10.5r17

Read the whole article at: Tire Selection - BFG KO2 All-Terrain - JPFreek Adventure Magazine

-Dan
Hey Dan!

While you were in Michigan you stopped by my shop to put on these tires. Glad to hear that they are working well for you and can't wait to continue reading your adventure!

-Jesse
Old 05-06-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpchilders92
Hey Dan!

While you were in Michigan you stopped by my shop to put on these tires. Glad to hear that they are working well for you and can't wait to continue reading your adventure!

-Jesse
Hey Jesse,

Great to hear from you, I'm happy you found me.

The tires are brilliant, I'm extremely happy with them. I hadn't realized my Mud Terrains were slightly out of balance and causing a very slight vibration about 55mph.
These All Terrains are balanced perfectly, and the steering wheel never moves even a little.

Thanks very much!

-Dan
Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've spent days editing together the first video for YouTube, all about my previous trip, upcoming trip and the Jeep build.

Here's a sneak peak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQGUz0Z97Y -Dan
Old 05-12-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Grecy
I've spent days editing together the first video for YouTube, all about my previous trip, upcoming trip and the Jeep build. Here's a sneak peak: YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQGUz0Z97Y -Dan
Not bad
Old 05-15-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks!

My adventures have caught the eye of Jeep, who just released my story as part of the #MyJeepStory campaign for their 75th anniversary.

I am extremely proud to know they are as excited as I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XKYjxig8PY
Old 05-21-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Road Chose Me is now in video format!

I'll be filming the entire adventure, and this first video recaps my Alaska->Argentina adventure, and lays out the plan for Africa.

I hope you'll follow along!

I'd love to hear any and all feedback from you guys too - what do you want me to include, what do you want me to forget out?
What would you like to see in these videos?

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjMp-kX7Ac -Dan
Old 05-23-2016, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

The latest issue of JPFreek Adventure Magazine features three articles from me, and a ton of my photos.

I'm extremely proud to be writing for this awesome magazine, it's been a dream for a long time to be a writer / photographer.

Check it out here (It's FREE!): JPFreek Adventure Magazine EJS 2016

-Dan
Old 05-27-2016, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

People have asked for years how I can afford to do these trips, and why they have to go to work and I don't.

To answer all of those questions, I've written my first book, called "Work Less to Live Your Dreams: a practical guide to saving money and living your dreams".

In it I describe exactly how I'm able to save money, quit my job and do these kind of epic trips.
It's how I paid for 2 years from Alaska->Argentina and it's how I am paying for 2 years around Africa.

You can read the introduction and see my details on my site here : Work Less to Live Your Dreams

and you can buy the book directly on Amazon here: Work Less to Live Your Dreams Amazon Link

-Dan
Old 06-13-2016, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi All,

I've just posted all the details on how I shipped the Jeep from North America to Europe, including final price:

Shipping a Vehicle from North America to Europe | The road chose me

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

Quick Reply: Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me