Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

Old 02-04-2018, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Grecy
Hi All,

We've been exploring down more dry riverbeds and bumping into all kinds of wildlife.

Also, this might just be the best wild camp of the entire expeidtion. Elevated above the riverbed waiting for animals to wander by!

And then back to the desert

Tons more pics: Riverbeds, Deserts and Wildlife The Road Chose Me

-Dan
Great pics, and that camp spot looks like a dream! I've never seen a more majestic or beautiful animal in the wild than a giraffe. Keep the great pics coming! Also, how's that JK running?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi All,

During all the dry riverbeds I found yet another wild camp that contents for best of the entire expedition.
Let me know what you think

More details on the riverbeds here: Riverbeds, Deserts and Wildlife | The Road Chose Me

After all that it was time for a change of pace so I visited a Cheetah Conservation place.
I will never, ever forget patting a cheetah while he purrs loudly:

Details here: Otjitotongwe Cheetah Guest Farm | The Road Chose Me

And then it was time for a visit to Etosha National Park. I have been told no visit to Namibia is complete without a stop.
I enjoyed it, though I think I prefer the completely wild animals. I have been spoiled already

Tons of photos here: Etosha National Park | The Road Chose Me

Namibia continues to impress. I love this place as much as I always thought I would!

-Dan
Old 02-17-2018, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi All,

I made a stop at the The Ju/’Hoansi Living San Museum where locals are the museum pieces, showing how their ancestors lived on the land for generations.
This fascinating man told me through a translator he actually hunted giraffe with his dad with this bow and arrow when he was a boy.

More: The Ju/?Hoansi Living San Museum | The Road Chose Me

After that I moved over to Khaudum National Park for some extreme elephant viewing.

How close did I get?
Close.

More: Khaudum National Park | The Road Chose Me

Everyone warned me about the deep sand in the North of the park and how they always get stuck.

It was extremely deep, though the Jeep didn't have a problem powering through.

-Dan
Old 02-25-2018, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Everyone,

After 3,538 miles in Namibia, it's time to wave goodbye to this magical country and say hello to Botswana, African country number 19!
I have been told many, many great things about Bots, so I'm really looking forward to exploring the remote corners.

Read about the border crossing and more. I must be getting lazy, I couldn't be bothered getting any paperwork for the Jeep!
Into Botswana across the Caprivi Strip | The Road Chose Me

Soon after we explore the magical Baines Boababs - these trees are at least a thousand years old, maybe two thousand

Then we explore the ancient cave paintings at Tsodilo Hills, a UNESCO site:

Read the whole story here: Tsodilo ? Mountain of the Gods | The Road Chose Me

I'm also filming a YouTube series as I move around. I'm a little behind editing the thousands of hours of HD video I have, so the latest to go live is showing my time in Cameroon a few months back.
My YT channel is here: http://youtube.com/c/theroadchoseme
The Cameroon video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCl6wYw1yNo&t=84s -Dan
Old 02-25-2018, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you switch out your BF Goodrich KO2's for KM's? Your Cameroon video intro shows the KM's. Or, was that a clip from testing in the US?

Awesome video of Cameroon! The story behind that lake is very sad, but also fascinating. I've never heard of any such thing.

Last edited by dmwil; 02-25-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmwil
Did you switch out your BF Goodrich KO2's for KM's? Your Cameroon video intro shows the KM's. Or, was that a clip from testing in the US?

Awesome video of Cameroon! The story behind that lake is very sad, but also fascinating. I've never heard of any such thing.
The intro to my videos is from way back in the USA and shows the KM2s. I am still running the KO2s, which are fantastic.

-Dan
Old 02-26-2018, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

My New eBook is out now!

In Overland Travel Essentials: West Africa – Myths, Misconceptions and Misnomers I debunk the most commonly-held myths about traveling the West Coast of Africa in your own 4x4 vehicle.

I did it - you can too!

As well as de-bunking the most commonly-held myths I also give real-world practical advice and suggestions, and list a bunch of must-see places in West Africa.

Finally, the price of gasoline and diesel is listed for every single country, and also the price and where to apply for and obtain every single visa for the entire coast line!

Grab a copy now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2BQ1gjV

or Apple iBooks:https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book...11&at=1001lqzc

I'd love to hear what you think!

-Dan
Old 02-26-2018, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

The intro to my videos is from way back in the USA and shows the KM2s. I am still running the KO2s, which are fantastic.

-Dan
Great! Both my JK and new JL have them. I put 315/70/17's on the new JL and moved its OEM 285/70/17's over to the JK. They are smooth and quiet on both Jeeps, and are great in the snow and on ice. I look forward to getting them off-road
Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi All,

I have been checking out the spectacular wildlife Botswana has to offer.
Each of the links below has a ton more photos, or click any photo to see more.

First in Moremi National Park: Moremi National Park | The Road Chose Me

And then in the Okavango Delta: The Okavango Delta | The Road Chose Me

And now in the Central Kalahari: The Central Kalahari | The Road Chose Me

How close did a I get?

CLOSE!!!!

Botswana is blowing my mind! Wildlife is everywhere!!!

-Dan
Old 03-12-2018, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi All,

During all the dry riverbeds I found yet another wild camp that contents for best of the entire expedition.
Let me know what you think

More details on the riverbeds here: Riverbeds, Deserts and Wildlife The Road Chose Me

After all that it was time for a change of pace so I visited a Cheetah Conservation place.
I will never, ever forget patting a cheetah while he purrs loudly:

Details here: Otjitotongwe Cheetah Guest Farm The Road Chose Me

And then it was time for a visit to Etosha National Park. I have been told no visit to Namibia is complete without a stop.
I enjoyed it, though I think I prefer the completely wild animals. I have been spoiled already

Tons of photos here: Etosha National Park The Road Chose Me

Namibia continues to impress. I love this place as much as I always thought I would!

-Dan
this is awesome, I subscribed. be safe and keep having a blast! looking forward to more content!

Quick Reply: Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me