Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Axle alignment off. Is this stuff bent?

Old 10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a side note, seriously consider c gussets. With 34" tires combined with wheeling your rig, they will eventually bend. I run a small 33" and
My driver side was slightly out. Not enough to cause unusual wear or driving characteristics, but enough to confirm they are important to do.

Baertrax over around royal and 35 did mine. Did great work and reasonable.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CerOf
On a side note, seriously consider c gussets. With 34" tires combined with wheeling your rig, they will eventually bend. I run a small 33" and My driver side was slightly out. Not enough to cause unusual wear or driving characteristics, but enough to confirm they are important to do. Baertrax over around royal and 35 did mine. Did great work and reasonable. Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Funny you should say that! I was planning to drop off with them this week for that very thing. I assume it's worth it on a D33 versus waiting till it breaks and upgrading to D44? ;-). Is a gusseted/sleeved D33 as strong or stronger than a stock D44? From the C's concerns I would assume stronger.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Should be close to the same strength. Outers on a D30 are the same as my 44. The big strength gain with a 44 is a larger R&P. I think axle shafts are a bit bigger. Seems tubes are the same size...not 100% sure. I am certain outer 'C' is the same.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Git er dun

Got it done. Gusseted, sleeved and new Synergy ball joints to boot. Let's roll.

And nothing important was bent. Steering linkage perhaps, but Baertrax just recentered steering and said rock on.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me once. Ended up being the drag link with a slight bow. Does yours look straight or curved?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sea bass
Happened to me once. Ended up being the drag link with a slight bow. Does yours look straight or curved?
Slightly curved. Just straightened the wheel and I'm back in business. If it bends much more I will probably investigate new drag link.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I had my axle pushed to the driver side by 1.5" after my lift. Invested in a Teraflex monster track bar and got it centered and fixed a bunch of issues I was having

Quick Reply: Axle alignment off. Is this stuff bent?