Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Hi Lift Jack

Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lanster
JO JO did you bolt through the steel behind the bumper? My rear bumper feels like plastic that wouldn't support the hi-lift.
I had some brackets bolted to the frame underneath and also bolted up through the bumper into the bumper frame.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Mine goes on the Body Armor rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1304.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	10306  
Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
I just got a new Hi Lift Jack for Fathers Day. I did a search and there is of course tons of mention of this extra ordinary piece of equipment. I just thought that it deserved it's own thread.
Post of pics of how you have mounted your Hi Lift.
Post up pics and stories of how and where you have used your Hi Lift.

my hi-lift is mounted on my back bumper... so far, it has only been used to get me stuck on a log, yes, i said stuck, not unstuck... its gotten dirty... and i've smashed my fingers while playing with it...

aside from that... its never been used... i would like to see how it does as a come along... the problem i have, is finding a location to jack the vehcile up from... reciver hitch works okay, but is not stable... front bumper is fine, and i dont have sliders yet... so its kinda limited for trailside tire repair and the like.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lanster
JO JO did you bolt through the steel behind the bumper? My rear bumper feels like plastic that wouldn't support the hi-lift.
i used heavy duty drywall toggle bolts on hilift mounts and just mounted to the plastic... lots of rides, no bending, cracking, breaking or the like.

even got hung up on a log and it didnt budge

Quick Reply: Hi Lift Jack