Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

HI-Lift Jack Operation Question

Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question HI-Lift Jack Operation Question

The instructions that came with my high lift jack lead me to believe there is a handle position that will allow me to grab the handle and raise the lifting mechanism until the large runner is completely and securely under the load.

If there is such a position I can't find it. I can walk the lifting mechanism up and down the beam by manipulating the reversing latch and pumping the handle but I haven't been able to find a position that will allow me to slide the mechanism up and down the beam under no load.

It's the 48" all red / all cast model.

Just doing some driveway practice. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Flip the locking lever used to raise it, down. lift handle to disnegage the jack, then raise it to the bumper/rail you want the jack arm against. Hold it there, lock the lever up, and lower the handle. It is a bit easier if you lock the handle in the store position before raising it unlocked. So that flipping the lever and lowering the handle cinches the jack.

Bob K.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could lube the jack with oil to make the operation smoother
Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Dont bother with the reverse lever. Leave it up and pull the jack up. It will stay at the level u move it to then start jacking. Just click to click. To go Down lower reverse latch and click to click.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nwbronco
Flip the locking lever used to raise it, down. lift handle to disnegage the jack, then raise it to the bumper/rail you want the jack arm against. Hold it there, lock the lever up, and lower the handle. It is a bit easier if you lock the handle in the store position before raising it unlocked. So that flipping the lever and lowering the handle cinches the jack.

Bob K.
Originally Posted by NJ-RUBICON
Dont bother with the reverse lever. Leave it up and pull the jack up. It will stay at the level u move it to then start jacking. Just click to click. To go Down lower reverse latch and click to click.
Both ways work. A little guidance and practice, I've got it now. Thanks and for each of you.

Originally Posted by familytime
You could lube the jack with oil to make the operation smoother
Renewed the lube and it's good. Thanks and a for you as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just be careful when letting the load down. Keep you face away from the handle. It is not pretty when the handle hits you in the face.

Quick Reply: HI-Lift Jack Operation Question