Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Jack Pads for Sand and 35"+ Tires

Old 09-15-2015, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Pads for Sand and 35"+ Tires

I have 35's on JK 4 door with 2.5" lift. I don't want to haul around a hi lift jack. Anyone have any preference on jack pads that I can stack under stock car jack? ones that would possible work in sand also?
Thanks,
KW
Old 09-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The hi-lift pad should work for you, I know it worked well in the sand down here after I churned it up. I believe ARB makes one as well.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

I like that....was looking for just some stackable pads that are sturdy. How tall is that base? I am not positive how much more height I need to get the tire to clear.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AEV Jack Base

Have you looked at the AEV base? It will handle 37's with the OEM jack

www.aev-conversions.com/shop/jk-jack-base
Old 09-15-2015, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Yes...the AEV looks cool, it is just 60 bucks. I usually am not cheap about stuff, but 60 bucks just seems like a lot of money for a piece of plastic....
Old 09-15-2015, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingwillyjeep
Yes...the AEV looks cool, it is just 60 bucks. I usually am not cheap about stuff, but 60 bucks just seems like a lot of money for a piece of plastic....
Ha! I know what you mean. AEV is proud of their products!! Amazon has them for $55

The Hi-Lift base is another option but also pretty spendy at $45

J - just
E - empty
E - every
P - pocket

Old 09-15-2015, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Scrap 2x12 12 inches long... free or a six pack at a construction site.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bottle Jack Recovery Kit Without Bottle Jack ? Safe Jack

http://safejacks.com/collections/bot...ages-at-bottom

These guys have some pretty sweet products. I just picked ones that looks like it'd help you, but check out their whole line. Sorta pricey for what it is, but the stuff looks nice! I want to get the one for the hi lift. I've seen video of someone just shoving a CJ while up on the hi lift and it stays nice and tight, no flopping over.

Edit: Derp that video is also on the site. Check out the hi lift stabilizer, the vids on that page. (i know you don't want hi lift stuff, just putting this out there for others)

Last edited by igobytony; 09-18-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I always carry a 4x6x14 block of wood and a 4 ton bottle jack (I've never used, and don't want to use the factory jack)
I've used the block of wood as a step when going over tall rocks, too, so it serves double-duty
Old 09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by igobytony
Bottle Jack Recovery Kit Without Bottle Jack ? Safe Jack

"Big Foot" Base Plate ? Safe Jack

These guys have some pretty sweet products. I just picked ones that looks like it'd help you, but check out their whole line. Sorta pricey for what it is, but the stuff looks nice! I want to get the one for the hi lift. I've seen video of someone just shoving a CJ while up on the hi lift and it stays nice and tight, no flopping over.

Edit: Derp that video is also on the site. Check out the hi lift stabilizer, the vids on that page. (i know you don't want hi lift stuff, just putting this out there for others)
Thanks for this. I just bought one for my work shop truck. I need a variety of jacks to get my guys up and running when they have issues on the road. It just might find its way into my jeep after two or three days, though...Not to worry, I own the company.

Quick Reply: Jack Pads for Sand and 35"+ Tires