Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

JKS Jspec 2.5 inch

Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS Jspec 2.5 inch

Anyone have any experience with this lift or any other JKS lifts?

http://www.extremeterrain.com/jks-js...t-jk-103K.html
Old 11-03-2016, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

I just put a 3.5 JSPEC on my 2017 with fox 2.0....absolutely love it.

Added the drag link flip, geo brackets, adj rear sway link for the extra height. Looks great and rides better.

She's only got 200 miles on her so yet to take her off road

Last edited by ashdaniels; 11-03-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

200 miles isn't enough time to review it lol, but doing a drag link flip at 2.5" lift height means you have near 0 uptravel.

I would look for reviews on the coils, since thats basically the only jks thing that matters....the brackets and whatnot are going to be more or less the same from every manufacturer....front TB also, pretty much standard clevite bushing, nothing special (not meant as a bad thing)
Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious if you went with the JKS lift? I have about 6k miles on the Jspec 2.5" with an added rear track bar and front control arm correction brackets, all JKS pieces. Wow talk about heavy duty pieces I was amazed by the size of the track bars compared to the Mopar pieces and the control arm relocation brackets are very heavy duty also. some that I have seen are actually 2 pieces that aren't even welded. I was very impressed .
I am equally impressed after driving it, Rides better on the street and handles better off road. absolutely love this lift.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default JKS jspec

I've been running that exact lift for 2 years now. Nothing but good things to say about it. I did add JKS fixed length front lower control arms which are slightly longer than stock to correct caster and their extended rear sway bar end links. All quality parts that have served me well so far.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

I recently installed the 2.5" springs and adjustable LCAs and trackbars on my 2dr JK. All of the parts fit...minus the front HD Trackbar; which, one of the spacers didn't seat properly. However, JKS sent me a replacement part free of charge and provided good customer service. The only sharp-shooting I've come up with so far is the accessibility of the grease fitting on the LCAs. Because it faces the belly of the JK, it can be difficult to get the grease gun fitting to seat...but jacking up the frame allows easy accessibility. All in all, I'm a happy customer.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fry Farnsworth
I recently installed the 2.5" springs and adjustable LCAs and trackbars on my 2dr JK. All of the parts fit...minus the front HD Trackbar; which, one of the spacers didn't seat properly. However, JKS sent me a replacement part free of charge and provided good customer service. The only sharp-shooting I've come up with so far is the accessibility of the grease fitting on the LCAs. Because it faces the belly of the JK, it can be difficult to get the grease gun fitting to seat...but jacking up the frame allows easy accessibility. All in all, I'm a happy customer.
I’m curious how does your front driveshaft hold up with your lift while flexing?
Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bclev777
I’m curious how does your front driveshaft hold up with your lift while flexing?
I haven't had any issues with the front DS that I can attribute directly to the lift...however, I did replace the front OEM DS because a u joint wasn't holding grease. There wasn't any play in the ds but I used it as an excuse to buy myself an early Christmas present. I don't know if the lift/wheeling was the issue as it seemed to handle fine and there were no odd noises or vibrations. I haven't had any other issues since, but my wheeling has been limited to some light trails.

Quick Reply: JKS Jspec 2.5 inch