Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Lift Options

Old 02-20-2018, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely overlooked that resharp. That is why I like reading posts here so I can learn from the experience of others. Advice is always welcome by me.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually did the 2.5" Teraflex lift, it was $748 I believe, it came with all this. I then installed these as well, the AEV geometry brackets, well worth the $100. I also installed a Rough Country adj. track bar, $139. Got it centered within 1/16th, close as I can get it, it was over a 1/2 off.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
It has to be the #1 overlooked thing when lifting. Unfortunately, many people don't know what they don't know, so they lift, have a crappy ride, and chaulk it up to "oh, it's just a lifted jeep thing", when often times for a meager ~$100, they could greatly remedy the situation. Adjustable control arms would be the best method, but many people can't justify that cost. Control arm brackets are a great option that are more budget friendly, and unless you play in the big rocks, there's not much downside to em. You lose a bit of clearance, but most people don't even notice as their wheelin' is on the lighter side or nonexistent.

In terms of ride, brackets are the best route to go as they adjust caster, relocate the axle back to factory locations, and flatten the control arms to reduce axle shift. Adjustable control arms only do then first two things. You do however typically get bigger misalignment joints if you are running long travel shocks (12"+) which you need with that much travel. Another alternative to get back your caster is an off set upper ball joint which I never see anyone mention. For a little over $100 and a few hours of your time its the cheapest (other then cam bolts) and its not like the factory ball joints last forever.

Quick Reply: Lift Options